Mountain West Men's Basketball Player of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – UNLV sophomore guard Patrick McCaw has been named Mountain West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for games played through Sunday, November 29. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for McCaw.
MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
PATRICK MCCAW, UNLV
Sophomore, Guard, St. Louis, Missouri / Montrose Christian HS
- Helped UNLV to victories in three out of four games last week, including a win over No. 13/14 Indiana at the Maui Jim Maui Invitational.
- Averaged a team-high 20.8 points, 5.0 assists and 3.8 steals per game during the week.
- Recorded an assists-to-turnover ratio of +2.9, while also pulling down 3.5 rebounds per game and shooting 50.8 percent from the field and 41.9 percent from beyond the 3-point arc.
- Notched 20 points, four rebounds, three assists and two steals in a setback to UCLA.
- Scored a career-high 25 points on 11-of-16 shooting from the field in UNLV’s win over Chaminade.
- In the Rebel’s victory over the Hoosiers, McCaw tallied his fourth-consecutive 20-point game after registering a game-high 20 points. Also notched five steals in the contest.
- Concluded the week with 18 points on 6-of-11 shooting, including a 5-of-8 mark from 3-point range, in UNLV’s home victory over Prairie View A&M.
2015-16 MW Men’s Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 16 Elijah Brown, So., G, New Mexico
Nov. 23 Marvelle Harris, Sr., G, Fresno State
Nov. 30 Patrick McCaw, So., G, UNLV