Mountain West Men's Golfer of the Month
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State senior Dominic Kieffer has been named the Mountain West Men’s Golfer of the Month for September. This is Kieffer’s first career MW golfer of the month/week accolade.
DOMINIC KIEFFER, COLORADO STATE
Senior, Byron, Minnesota / Byron HS
- Led Colorado State to back-to-back team victories at the Gene Miranda Falcon Invitational and the Ram Masters Invitational to open the 2015-16 season.
- In the third tournament of the month for CSU, he helped the Rams to their best all-time team finish at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate, tying for third place.
- He was the top individual finisher for CSU at all three events in the month of September.
- Recorded back-to-back career-best individual finishes to open the season, tying for third at the Gene Miranda Falcon Invitational, followed by a share of second place at CSU’s own Ram Masters Invitational.
- At the Gene Miranda Falcon Invitational in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Sept. 12-13, he carded a 6-under par 210 (70-71-69) on the 7,443-yard Eisenhower Blue Course.
- At the Ram Masters Invitational in Fort Collins, Colorado on Sept. 21-22, he posted a 2-under 208 (68-72-68) on the 7,215-yard Fort Collins Country Club course.
- His share of sixth place at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Sept. 25-26 marked his third straight top-10 finish. Kieffer fired a 3-under 213 (68-72-73) on the 7,556-yard UNM Championship Course.
- Recorded par or better in seven of nine rounds played in September.
- His four rounds in the 60s during the month are his most sub-70 rounds during any nine-round stretch throughout his career at Colorado State.
- His 70.11 stroke average through the three tournaments in September is almost 2.5 strokes per round better than his career-low average of 72.48 set as a junior in 2014-15, and nearly 3.5 strokes better than his career average of 73.45 entering the season.