Mountain West Showcased In First-Ever College Football Games On Twitter - Week 1 Release
MOUNTAIN WEST SHOWCASED IN FIRST-EVER COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES ON TWITTER
The Mountain West will have the first-ever live college football game broadcast on Twitter when Utah State hosts Weber State on Thursday, Sept. 1 at 6 p.m. MT. The Twitter spotlight will showcase the newly-renovated Maverik Stadium in a historic contest produced by the Mountain West Network on Campus Insiders.
“We’re thrilled for the Mountain West to have the first-ever live football game on Twitter,” said Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson. “The MW is progressive in its vision and as part of our Campus Insiders partnership we are able to expand our digital footprint on Twitter’s outstanding platform.”
On Saturday, Sept. 3, Abilene Christian at Air Force will also be streamed live on Twitter and produced by MWN on Campus Insiders. Kickoff is set for Noon MT.
%Sports Authority Field at Mile High (Denver, Colorado) | !First-ever football game streamed live on Twitter
WEEKLY AND POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCES BROADCAST LIVE FOR FREE on MOUNTAIN WEST NETWORK
The Mountain West Network will livestream and archive each of the 12 weekly coaches’ press conferences on TheMW.com, CampusInsiders.com and the respective institutional website. The regular-season schedule will typically be held as follows:
Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State at 11 a.m. PT
Bryan Harsin, Boise State at 11:30 a.m. MT
Matt Wells, Utah State at 11:30 a.m. MT
Mike Bobo, Colorado State at Noon MT
Craig Bohl, Wyoming at Noon MT
Ron Caragher, San José State at 1 p.m. PT
Nick Rolovich, Hawai‘i (available on tape-delayed basis)
Bob Davie, New Mexico at 11:30 a.m. MT
Brian Polian, Nevada at 11 a.m. PT
Rocky Long, San Diego State at Noon PT
Troy Calhoun, Air Force at 12:30 p.m. MT
Tony Sanchez, UNLV at 1 p.m. PT
All post-game press conference for home games will also be streamed and archived. Visit TheMW.com/watch-live for additional information and for schedule updates.
For quick soundbites from every coach leading into a weekend of Mountain West action, tune in for Coaches Soundoff every Thursday afternoon on the Mountain West Network. TheMW.com/watch-live
CollegePressBox.com is the official media website for Division I football. Access and download weekly game notes, quotes, statistics, media guides, headshots, logos and more for each conference and its member institutions. Apply for access at www.collegepressbox.com/password.
MOUNTAIN WEST TEAMS IN SEASON OPENERS
Mountain West teams are 87-69 in season openers since the inception of the league in 1999. MW teams are 67-22 at home and 13-37 on the road.
(Notes from around the Mountain West in 140 characters or less)
- .@USUFootball’s opener vs. Weber State will be the first-ever football game streamed live on Twitter.
- 11 first-team All-Mountain West selections from 2015 return this season, including four on both offense and defense.
- .@AFFootball enters 2016 with the 4th-longest home win streak nationally (12), trailing Florida State (21), Clemson (16) & TCU (13).
- .@GoAztecs are riding a 10-game win streak, 2nd-longest active streak in FBS (Alabama; 11). Last loss came on 9/26/15 at Penn State (37-21).
- .@SJSUSpartanFB has been ranked in the top-5 nationally for pass defense each week since 9/20/14.
- In its last 25 games, @SJSUSpartanFB has only allowed 132.8 passing yards per contest.
- .@GoAztecs RB Donnel Pumphrey is the nation’s active leader in career rushing yds (4,272), rushing touchdowns (45) and all-purpose yardage (5,145).
- In 55% of Pumphrey’s collegiate games played, he has rushed for at least 100 yards (22-40).
- .@BroncoSportsFB RB Jeremy McNichols has scored a TD in a @MountainWest record 13 straight games.
- .@GoAztecs haven’t thrown an interception in 12 games (9/12/15 at Cal).
- .@BroncoSportsFB was one of two FBS teams to finish in the top 20 in scoring offense and defense (Houston).
- .@NewMexicoFB LB Dakota Cox is the nation’s 2nd-leading tackler entering 2016 with 312 career tackles. Cox needs 61 stops to enter the MW’s top-5.
- The @MountainWest is home to 2 returning finalists for the ‘15 @RayGuyAward in @CSUFootball’s Hayden Hunt and @SJSUSpartanFB’s Michael Carrizosa.
- .@BroncoSportsFB has defeated a Power 5 team in 4 of 5 seasons since joining the MW. BSU hosts Washington State & plays at Oregon State in Weeks 2 & 3, respectively.