Mountain West Football Weekly Release
|MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL WEEK 8 SCHEDULE|
|Friday, October 23
|Utah State at San Diego State*
||ESPN2||7:30 p.m. PT
||SIRIUS 81/XM 81
|Saturday, October 24
|Fresno State at Air Force*
||SIRIUS 108/XM 205
|Hawai‘i at Nevada*
||TWC Oceanic||1 p.m. PT
|New Mexico at San José State*
||ROOT SPORTS/MWN||4 p.m. PT
|Wyoming at Boise State*
||ESPN2||8:15 p.m. MT
NO FLY ZONE
The Boise State starting secondary has recorded more career interceptions than any other starting secondary in the nation. Made up of Darian Thompson, Donte Deayon, Jonathan Moxey and Dylan Sumner-Gardner, the Broncos have 39 career picks. Thompson has 18 career interceptions, the most among FBS defenders and tied for most by a MW defender all-time, while Deayon has 17 career interceptions, which is tied for the second-most in Mountain West history and tied for second-most among active NCAA defenders. Moxey has the other four interceptions for Boise State.
(Notes from around the Mountain west in 140 characters or less)
- .@USUFootball defeated #21/20 @BroncoSportsFB for its first home win over a ranked opponent since 1991.
- .@wyo_football RB Brian Hill ranks 4th nationally with 985 rushing yds and is 15 yds shy of becoming Cowboy’s 1st 1,000-yd rusher since 2008.
- .@BroncoSportsFB leads the nation with 13 INTs in 2015.
- .@BroncoSportsFB’s Darian Thompson has 18 career INTs, which ties the
- @MountainWest record held by Utah’s Eric Weddle.
- .@BroncoSportFB’s & Donte Deayon has 17 career INTs, 1 behind his teammate and Utah’s Eric Weddle
- .@BroncoSportsFB Thompson (18) & Deayon (17) are 1st & T-2nd nationally in active career INTs. The starting BSU secondary leads the nation with 39 career INTs.
- .@BroncoSportsFB hasn’t allowed a TD on The Blue since the 5:31 mark of the 4th quarter of the MW Championship Game on 12/6/14.
- .@BroncoSportsFB has won 17-consecutive home games, the 2nd-longest streak behind Baylor (18).
- .@CSUFootball’s Rashard Higgins has caught at least one pass in 32 consecutive games, a streak which is T-6th in FBS & the most in the MW.
- .@SJSUSpartanFB has been ranked in the top-5 nationally for pass defense each week since 9/20/14.
- In its last 19 games, @SJSUSpartanFB has only allowed 119 passing yards per game.
- .@SJSUSpartanFB RB Tyler Ervin was the third MW player to rush for at least 300 yards in a single game. He accomplished the feat vs. Fresno State (9/26).
- The 300 rushing yards are the most in FBS in ‘15 and his 42 rush attempts are the most by an FBS back since Dec. 7, 2013 (Tre Mason - Auburn).
- Ervin has 13 total TDs, 6 shy of the @SJSUSpartanFB record held by Johnny Johnson, Jr., who scored 19 times in 1988.
- Through 6 games, @AFFootball has run 418 offensive plays, 353 of which have been runs (.844).
- .@GoAztecs LB Calvin Munson became the 4th MW player to return 2 interceptions for TDs, on his way to becoming MW Defensive POW in Week 1.
- .@GoAztecs’ Damontae Kazee tied the @MountainWest record with three interceptions against San Diego. It is also tied for the most in FBS.
- Senior @CSUFootball linebacker Cory James has 23 career sacks, only 5.5 away from tying the MW record, which was set in 2009.
- James’ 23 career sacks are the third-most by an active FBS defender.
- .@UNLVFootball set the @MountainWest record scoring 80 points vs. Idaho State on Sept. 26.
- .@UNLVFootball’s Nicolai Bornand set a @MountainWest record, connecting on 11 PATs vs. Idaho State.
- In his time as an OC and HC at @BroncoSportsFB, Bryan Harsin is 8-2 against autonomous 5 competition.
- Tony Sanchez is the first UNLV coach to earn a victory in his debut vs. Nevada since 1994 (Jeff Horton).
- .@BroncoSportsFB is coming off their 13th consecutive bowl apperance, an active streak that ties for seventh nationally.
- Boise State boasts the highest win percentage since 2000, having won 171 of 201 contests for a mark of .851.
- .@USUFootball’s Kent Myers rushed for 191 yds vs. @CSUFootball, the most rushing yards by an FBS QB this season and a program record.