Mountain West Football Weekly Release
|MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL WEEK 6 SCHEDULE|
|Saturday, October 10
|New Mexico at Nevada*
||MWN-Campus Insiders||4 p.m. PT
|Boise State at Colorado State*
||CBS Sports Network
||5 p.m. MT
||SIRIUS 134/XM 201
|San José State at UNLV*||MWN-Campus Insiders||6 p.m. PT
|San Diego State at Hawai‘i*
||TWC Oceanic/MWN||6 p.m. HT|
|Utah State at Fresno State*
||CBS Sports Network||7:30 p.m. PT|
|Wyoming at Air Force*||ESPN2||8:15 p.m. MT||SIRIUS 81/MX 81|
NO FLY ZONE
The Boise State starting secondary has recorded more career interceptions than any other starting secondary in the nation. Made up of Darian Thompson, Donte Deayon, Jonathan Moxey and Dylan Sumner-Gardner, the Broncos have 37 career picks. Thompson and Deayon both have 17 career interceptions, which is tied for the second-most in Mountain West history and tied for second-most among active NCAA defenders. Moxey has the other three interceptions for Boise State.
(Notes from around the Mountain west in 140 characters or less)
- A @MountainWest team has scored at least 49 points in the first half in back-to-back weeks.
- .@BroncoSportsFB hasn’t allowed a TD on The Blue since the 5:31 mark of the 4th quarter of the MW Championship Game on 12/6/14.
- .@BroncoSportsFB has won 17-consecutive home games, the 2nd-longest streak behind Baylor (18).
- Through 3 games, @AFFootball has run 278 offensive plays, 239 of which have been runs (.860).
- .@SJSUSpartanFB RB Tyler Ervin was the third MW player to rush for at least 300 yards in a single game. He accomplished this feat. vs. Fresno State (9/26).
- The 300 rushing yards are the most in FBS in ‘15 and his 42 rush attempts are the most by an FBS back since Dec. 7, 2013 (Tre Mason - Auburn).
- .@GoAztecs LB Calvin Munson became the 4th MW player to return 2 interceptions for TDs, on his way to becoming MW Defensive POW in Week 1.
- .@GoAztecs’ Damontae Kazee tied the @MountainWest record with three interceptions against San Diego. It is also tied for the most in FBS.
- .@SJSUSpartanFB has been ranked in the top-5 nationally for pass defense each week since 9/20/14.
- In its last 17 games, @SJSUSpartanFB has only allowed 111.8 passing yards per game.
- .@CSUFootball’s Rashard Higgins has caught at least one pass in 30 consecutive games, a streak which is T-8th in FBS & the most in the MW.
- .@BroncoSportsFB’s Darian Thompson & Donte Deayon have 17 career INTs, 1 away from tying the @MountainWest record held by Utah’s Eric Weddle.
- .@BroncoSportsFB Thompson & Deayon (17) are T-2nd nationally in active career INTs. The starting BSU secondary leads the nation with 37 career INTs.
- Senior @CSUFootball linebacker Cory James has 22 career sacks, only 6.5 away from tying the MW record, which was set in 2009.
- James’ 22 career sacks are the most by an active FBS defender.
- .@UNLVFootball set the @MountainWest record scoring 80 points vs. Idaho State on Sept. 26.
- .@UNLVFootball’s Nicolai Bornand set a @MountainWest record, connecting on 11 PATs vs. Idaho State.
- In his time as an OC and HC at @BroncoSportsFB, Bryan Harsin is 8-2 against autonomous 5 compeitition.
- Tony Sanchez is the first UNLV coach to earn a victory in his debut vs. Nevada since 1994 (Jeff Horton).
- .@BroncoSportsFB is riding a 21-game home non-conference win streak, dating back to the 2005 MPC Computers Bowl.
- .@BroncoSportsFB is coming off their 13th consecutive bowl apperance, an active streak that ties for seventh nationally.
- Boise State boasts the highest win percentage since 2000, having won 171 of 200 contests for a mark of .855.