Mountain West Football Weekly Release
|MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL WEEK 4 SCHEDULE|
|Friday, September 25||TV/Web||Time||Satellite Radio|
|Boise State at Virginia
||ESPN||8 p.m. ET||SIRIUS 93/XM 193
|Saturday, September 26
|New Mexico at Wyoming*
||1 p.m. MT
|San Diego State at Penn State
||Big Ten Network
||3:30 p.m. ET
||SIRIUS 132/XM 195
|Nevada at Buffalo||ESPN3||3:30 p.m. ET
|Colorado State at UTSA
||CBSSN||6 p.m. CT|
|Idaho State at UNLV
||MWN-Institutional||6 p.m. PT|
|Hawai‘i at #21/22 Wisconsin
||Big Ten Network||7 p.m. CT||SIRIUS 132/XM 195|
|Fresno State at San José State
||MWN-CI||5 p.m. PT|
The Boise State starting secondary has recorded more career interceptions than any other starting secondary in the nation. Made up of Darian Thompson, Donte Deayon, Jonathan Moxey and Dylan Sumner-Gardner, the Broncos have 33 career picks. Thompson and Deayon both have 15 career interceptions, which is tied for the second-most in Mountain West history and tied for second-most among active NCAA defenders. Moxey has the other three interceptions for Boise State.
COACH TO CURE MD
During Week 4, more thatn 110 FBS schools will be wearing Coach to Cure MD logo patches on the sidelines in an effort to raise awareness about Duchenne musclar dystrophy.
American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) members will wear a Coach To Cure MD logo patch on the sidelines and college football fans will be asked to donate to research projects supported by Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest nonprofit organization in the U.S. focused entirely on Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Fans are encouraged to donate online at www.CoachtoCureMD.org or donate $5 by texting CURE to 90999.
(Notes from around the Mountain west in 140 characters or less)
- .@BroncoSportsFB is riding a 21-game home non-conference win streak, dating back to the 2005 MPC Computers Bowl.
- .@BroncoSportsFB has won 16-consecutive home games, the 2nd-longest streak with Florida State and behind Baylor (17).
- .@BroncoSportsFB is coming off their 13th consecutive bowl apperance, an active streak that ties for seventh nationally.
- Boise State boasts the highest win percentage since 2000, having won 169 of 198 contests for a mark of .854.
- .@BroncoSportsFB’s 28 3rd quarter points tied a MW record for most points scored in a 3rd quarter by a single team.
- In 2015, @USUFootball will play nine opponents that played in bowl games in 2014. This is tied for the fifth-most nationally.
- Through 2 games, @AFFootball has run 210 offensive plays, 183 of which have been runs (.871).
- .@SJSUSpartanFB put up the 7th-most yds in FBS, racking up 707 yds of total offense against FCS-ranked New Hampshire on Sept. 3.
- .@GoAztecs LB Calvin Munson became the 4th MW player to return 2 interceptions for TDs, on his way to becoming MW Defensive POW in Week 1.
- .@GoAztecs’ Damontae Kazee tied the @MountainWest record with three interceptions against San Diego. It is also tied for the most in FBS.
- After a season-opening win against Washington, @BroncoSportsFB’s head coach Bryan Harsin has a 5-game win streak against Pac-12 opponents.
- .@SJSUSpartanFB has been ranked in the top-5 nationally for pass defense each week since 9/20/14.
- In its last 15 games, @SJSUSpartanFB has only allowed 108.9 passing yards per game.
- .@CSUFootball’s Rashard Higgins has caught at least one pass in 28 consecutive games, a streak which is T-7th in FBS & the most in the MW.
- .@BroncoSportsFB’s Darian Thompson & Donte Deayon have 15 career INTs, 3 away from tying the @MountainWest record held by Utah’s Eric Weddle.
- .@BroncoSportsFB Thompson & Deayon (15) are T-2nd nationally in active career INTs. The starting BSU secondary leads the nation with 33 INTs.
- Senior @CSUFootball linebacker Cory James has 22 career sacks, only 6.5 away from tying the MW record, which was set in 2009.
- .@SJSUSpartanFB’s Tyler Ervin has already rushed for 6 TDs this yr, which matches his rushing TD total from his first 3 collegiate seasons.