Mountain West Football Weekly Release
|MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL WEEK 7 SCHEDULE|
|Friday, October 16
|Boise State at Utah State*
||CBS Sports Network||7 p.m.MT
||SIRIUS 83/XM 202
|UNLV at Fresno State*
||7:30 p.m. MT
||SIRIUS 81/XM 81
|Saturday, October 17
|Air Force at Colorado State*
||CBS Sports Network||1:30 p.m. MT
||SIRIUS 145/XM 203
|Nevada at Wyoming*
||ESPN3||2 p.m. MT
|Hawai‘i at New Mexico*||ROOT SPORTS/MWN||5 p.m. MT
|San Diego State at San José State*
||ESPNU||7:30 p.m. PT|
NO FLY ZONE
The Boise State starting secondary has recorded more career interceptions than any other starting secondary in the nation. Made up of Darian Thompson, Donte Deayon, Jonathan Moxey and Dylan Sumner-Gardner, the Broncos have 39 career picks. Thompson has 18 career interceptions, the most among FBS defenders and tied for most by a MW defender all-time, while Deayon has 17 career interceptions, which is tied for the second-most in Mountain West history and tied for second-most among active NCAA defenders. Moxey has the other four interceptions for Boise State.
(Notes from around the Mountain west in 140 characters or less)
- .@BroncoSportsFB hasn’t allowed a TD on The Blue since the 5:31 mark of the 4th quarter of the MW Championship Game on 12/6/14.
- .@BroncoSportsFB has won 17-consecutive home games, the 2nd-longest streak behind Baylor (18).
- Through 4 games, @AFFootball has run 346 offensive plays, 297 of which have been runs (.858).
- .@SJSUSpartanFB RB Tyler Ervin was the third MW player to rush for at least 300 yards in a single game. He accomplished this feat. vs. Fresno State (9/26).
- The 300 rushing yards are the most in FBS in ‘15 and his 42 rush attempts are the most by an FBS back since Dec. 7, 2013 (Tre Mason - Auburn).
- .@GoAztecs LB Calvin Munson became the 4th MW player to return 2 interceptions for TDs, on his way to becoming MW Defensive POW in Week 1.
- .@GoAztecs’ Damontae Kazee tied the @MountainWest record with three interceptions against San Diego. It is also tied for the most in FBS.
- .@SJSUSpartanFB has been ranked in the top-5 nationally for pass defense each week since 9/20/14.
- In its last 18 games, @SJSUSpartanFB has only allowed 117.2 passing yards per game.
- .@CSUFootball’s Rashard Higgins has caught at least one pass in 31 consecutive games, a streak which is T-8th in FBS & the most in the MW.
- .@BroncoSportsFB’s Darian Thompson has 18 career INTs, which ties the @MountainWest record held by Utah’s Eric Weddle.
- .@BroncoSportFB’s & Donte Deayon has 17 career INTs, 1 behind his teammate and Utah’s Eric Weddle
- .@BroncoSportsFB Thompson (18 & Deayon (17) are 1st & T-2nd nationally in active career INTs. The starting BSU secondary leads the nation with 39 career INTs.
- Senior @CSUFootball linebacker Cory James has 23 career sacks, only 5.5 away from tying the MW record, which was set in 2009.
- James’ 23 career sacks are the most by an active FBS defender.
- .@UNLVFootball set the @MountainWest record scoring 80 points vs. Idaho State on Sept. 26.
- .@UNLVFootball’s Nicolai Bornand set a @MountainWest record, connecting on 11 PATs vs. Idaho State.
- In his time as an OC and HC at @BroncoSportsFB, Bryan Harsin is 8-2 against autonomous 5 competition.
- Tony Sanchez is the first UNLV coach to earn a victory in his debut vs. Nevada since 1994 (Jeff Horton).
- .@BroncoSportsFB is riding a 21-game home non-conference win streak, dating back to the 2005 MPC Computers Bowl.
- .@BroncoSportsFB is coming off their 13th consecutive bowl apperance, an active streak that ties for seventh nationally.
- Boise State boasts the highest win percentage since 2000, having won 171 of 200 contests for a mark of .855.
- .@USUFootball’s Kent Myers rushed for 191 yds vs. @CSUFootball, the most rushing yards by an FBS QB this season and a program record.