MW Football Players of the Week - 9/21/15
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Boise State sophomore running back Jeremy McNichols and Hawai‘i junior linebacker Jerrol Garcia-Williams have been tabbed the Mountain West Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week, respectively, while Boise State junior linebacker Tanner Vallejo garnered the MW Special Teams Player of the Week accolade. It is the first MW weekly honor for all three student-athletes.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JEREMY MCNICHOLS, BOISE STATE
Sophomore, Running Back, Long Beach, California / Santa Margarita HS
- Scored three rushing touchdowns in Boise State’s 52-0 victory over Idaho State.
- Ran for 69 yards on 15 carries.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JERROL GARCIA-WILLIAMS, HAWAI‘I
Junior, Linebacker, Las Vegas, Nevada / Palo Verde HS
- Recorded a career-high 15 total tackles, including 12 solo, in Hawai‘i’s 47-27 victory over UC Davis.
- His 15 tackles are the most in a game by a UH defender since Corey Paredes vs. New Mexico State on Nov. 22, 2010.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TANNER VALLEJO, BOISE STATE
Junior, Linebacker, Penn Valley, California / Nevada Union HS
- Played a key role in preserving Boise State's first shutout since 2011.
- Blocked one punt and field goal in Boise State’s 52-0 win against Idaho State.
- His blocks came on consecutive drives, as he blocked and then recovered a Bengal punt inside the 30-yard line at the beginning of the second half. On the next Idaho State possession, blocked a 36-yard field-goal attempt to keep the Bengals scoreless.