BSU's Sierra Nobley Named Sports Imports/AVCA National Player of the Week
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The honors continue to roll in for Boise State sophomore Sierra Nobley as she has been named the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) National Player of the Week for matches played Nov. 23-30.
Nobley closed the season last week with a dominating performance at home against Utah State recording a team-high for kills with 25 for a 8.33 per set average while hitting 52 percent against the Aggies.
The national player of the week award is the third accolade she has earned this week having been named the MW Offensive Player of the Week for the fifth time Monday morning, followed later in the afternoon by the announcement of her receiving All-Mountain West recognition for the second straight year. Nobley is the first Bronco in program history to earn the AVCA National Player of the Week award.
Last Week's Highlights:
• Led Boise State to a 3-0 victory over Utah State in the Broncos' regular season finale on November 24.
• Recorded 25 kills and 10 digs to go along with two assists, two service aces and two blocks. Hit a .524 attack percentage.
• The 25 kills gave her 316 on the season in MW action, setting an MW record for most kills in a season in Conference-play only.
• Her kills total for the season improved to 513 moving her into fourth-place in the MW record book.
• Averaged 8.33 kills per set, better than her 4.75 season average ... also averaged 9.33 points per set which was also an improvement over her season average of 5.3 per set.
• During the match she recorded 10 kills in the first set to lead the Broncos to a dominating 25-12 win ... then in the third set she helped the Broncos win a tight four-point affair 25-21 over Utah State tallying 11 kills, one service ace and five digs.