Mountain West Announces Cross Country Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Boise State junior Michael Vennard was named Mountain West Men’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, while Utah State freshman Bailee Parker earned MW Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week honors for meets contested through Sept. 3. It is the first-career MW weekly accolade for both Vennard and Parker.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
MICHAEL VENNARD, BOISE STATE
Junior, Cheshire, England / Soundbach HS
- Was the top Mountain West finisher and fourth overall at the Sagebrush Invitational in Logan, Utah on Sept. 3.
- Ran the 7K course in a time of 21:10.
- Led the No. 16 Broncos to a runner-up finish in the team standings.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
BAILEE PARKER, UTAH STATE
Freshman, West Yellowstone, Montana / West Yellowstone HS
- Placed first in her collegiate debut at the Sagebrush Invitational in Logan, Utah on Sept. 3.
- Recorded a time of 17:28 over the 5K course.
- Guided the Aggies to a second-place finish in the team standings.