Mountain West Announces Cross Country Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State’s Cole Rockhold was named Mountain West Men’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, while Air Force’s Hannah Everson earned MW Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week honors for meets contested Sept. 4-5. It is the first-career MW weekly accolade for Rockhold and the second for Everson.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
COLE ROCKHOLD, COLORADO STATE
Freshman, Independence, Missouri / Truman HS
• Finished first among all freshmen and third overall at the CSU Invitational in Fort Collins, Colorado on Sept. 4.
• Completed the 5K course in 14:54.5, which is a personal best.
• His overall finished tied the best-ever by a Colorado State men’s athlete at the annual Invitational.
• Led the No. 24 Rams to a runner-up finish in the team standings ahead of No. 1 Colorado.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
HANNAH EVERSON, AIR FORCE
Senior, Colorado Springs, Colorado / Liberty HS
• Placed first in a field of 100 runners at the CSU Invitational in Fort Collins, Colorado on Sept. 4.
• Her time of 17:31.8 on the 5K course is both a personal and school record.
• Claimed her first meet title since winning the 2013 CSU Open.
• Guided the Falcons to a runner-up finish in the team standings.