Mountain West Announces Cross Country Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – San José State’s Ben Branagh has been named Mountain West Men’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, while Boise State’s Allie Ostrander earned MW Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week honors for meets contested Sept. 11-12. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for both student-athletes.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
BEN BRANAGH, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Junior, Belfast, Ireland / St. Malachy’s HS
• Recorded a career-best finish of second place out of 55 runners at the Fresno State Invite in Fresno, California, on Sept. 11.
• Completed the 6K course in 18:28.3.
• Helped the Spartans to a third place finish in the team standings.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ALLIE OSTRANDER, BOISE STATE
Freshman, Kenai, Alaska / Kenai Central HS
• Won the Dual in Speedway Meadow in San Francisco, California, on Sept. 11.
• Completed the 6K course in a personal best time of 20:44.4.
• Her time won by almost 14 seconds over the second place finisher.
• Led the No. 20 Broncos to a victory over the University of San Francisco.