Mountain West Announces Cross Country Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Wyoming junior Jonah Henry has been tabbed Mountain West Men’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, while Fresno State senior Annemarie Schwanz garnered Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week accolades for meets contested through Sept. 17. It is the first-career Mountain West weekly accolade for Henry and second for Schwanz.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
JONAH HENRY, WYOMING
Junior, Laramie, Wyoming / Laramie HS
- Was Wyoming’s top finisher at the MSU-Bozeman Running Company Invitational on Sept. 17 in Bozeman, Montana.
- Clocked a personal-best time of 24:36.07 in the five-mile race.
- Finished as the top Mountain West and Division I competitor and third overall in the 138-athlete field.
- The third-place finish was the highest of his career.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ANNEMARIE SCHWANZ, FRESNO STATE
Senior, Neuruppin, Germany / Sportschule-Neubrandenburg
- Set a new Fresno State program record in the 6k at the UW Sundodger Invitational on Sept. 17 in Seattle, Washington.
- Clocked a time of 20:19.30, breaking the school record by 11 seconds and setting a new personal-best time by 15 seconds.
- Finished third overall, coming in less than a second behind the winner.
Men’s Cross Country Athletes of the Week
Sept. 6 – Michael Vennard, Jr., Boise State
Sept. 20 – Jonah Henry, Jr., Wyoming
Women’s Cross Country Athletes of the Week
Sept. 6 – Bailee Parker, Fr., Utah State
Sept. 20 – Annemarie Schwanz, Sr. Fresno State