Mountain West Announces Cross Country Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Air Force’s Andrew Milliron has been named Mountain West Men’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, while San Diego State’s Elaine Ribeiro earned MW Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week honors for meets contested Sept. 18-19. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for both student-athletes.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ANDREW MILLIRON, AIR FORCE
Sophomore, Charles Town, West Virginia / Jefferson HS
• Finished fifth out of 67 runners in the University Division and 10th overall (233 participants) at the Woody Greeno Invitational in Lincoln, Nebraska on Sept. 19.
• Recorded a personal best 25:52.5 on the 8K course, improving his previous best time by almost two minutes.
• Helped the Falcons earn a runner-up finish in the team standings.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ELAINE RIBEIRO, SAN DIEGO STATE
Junior, La Mesa, California / Helix HS
• Won the 71st Annual Aztec Invitational in San Diego, California on Sept. 18 completing the 5K course in 18:09.74.
• Her win is the first individual cross country title for San Diego State since October 20, 2012.
• Guided the Aztecs to a victory in the team standings.