Mountain West Announces Cross Country Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State junior Jerrell Mock has been named Mountain West Men’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week, while Boise State sophomore Brenna Peloquin earned Women’s Cross Country Athlete of the Week honors for meets contested through Sept. 24. It is the first-career Mountain West weekly accolade for both Mock and Peloquin.
MEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
JERRELL MOCK, COLORADO STATE
Junior, Logan, Utah / Logan HS
- Made his 2016 debut last Saturday by winning the prestigious Roy Griak Invitational in Falcon Heights, Minnesota.
- Recorded a first-place time of 25:06.3 over the 8k course to outpace a field that included runners from 10 teams that entered the week either ranked or receiving votes from the USTFCCCA.
- The victory was the second of his career.
- Helped CSU finish seventh out of 29 programs in the team standings.
WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
BRENNA PELOQUIN, BOISE STATE
Sophomore, Gig Harbor, Washington / Gig Harbor HS
- Won the Jack Johnson Women’s Gold (Division I) race last Saturday at the Roy Griak Invitational in Falcon Heights, Minnesota.
- Completed the 6k course in 20:50, defeating defending Big Ten champion Erin Finn of Michigan by 11 seconds.
- The win was the first of her cross country career.
- Led the Broncos to a fourth-place finish in the team standings.
Men’s Cross Country Athletes of the Week
Sept. 6 – Michael Vennard, Jr., Boise State
Sept. 20 – Jonah Henry, Jr., Wyoming
Sept. 27 – Jerrell Mock, Jr., Colorado State
Women’s Cross Country Athletes of the Week
Sept. 6 – Bailee Parker, Fr., Utah State
Sept. 20 – Annemarie Schwanz, Sr. Fresno State
Sept. 27 – Brenna Peloquin, So., Boise State