Mountain West Announces Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – New Mexico’s Adam Cotton has been named Mountain West Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while Air Force’s Dylan Bell earned MW Men’s Indoor Field Athlete of Week honors for meets held February 5-6. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for Cotton and the sixth for Bell. On the women’s side, UNLV’s Auzsane Crowe-Carter garnered MW Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while teammate Kaysee Pilgrim was named the Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week. It is the first career MW weekly honor for both Crowe-Carter and Pilgrim.
MEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ADAM COTTON, NEW MEXICO
Senior, Penkridge, England/Harvard
• In just his second competitive race in the past two years, Cotton placed second overall and first among collegiate competitors in the 800-Meter race at the New Mexico Classic in Albuquerque on February 5.
• His altitude-converted time of 1:51.61 is the third-fastest mark in the MW this season.
MEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
DYLAN BELL, AIR FORCE
Senior, Alvarado, Texas/Alvarado HS
• Recorded an Air Force-record clearance of 18’-2.75” in the Pole Vault to place first at the Air Force Team Challenge in Colorado Springs, Colorado on February 5.
• His mark is the best in the Conference this season and ranks third nationally.
• He is just the third collegiate vaulter to break the 18-foot mark this season.
• The clearance ranks second all-time in the MW.
WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
AUZSANE CROWE-CARTER, UNLV
Senior, Hesperia, California/Sultana HS
• Finished first overall in the 800-Meter race at the New Mexico Collegiate Classic & Multis in Albuquerque on February 6.
• Her altitude-adjusted time of 2:08.13 is the best in the Mountain West this season, while ranking 40th nationally.
• The mark ranks fourth all-time in UNLV history.
• Was part of the Rebels’ 4x400-Meter Relay team that posted an altitude-adjusted mark of 3:50.18.
• The time is the fifth-fastest in the Conference this season.
WOMEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
KAYSEE PILGRIM, UNLV
Junior, Phoenix, Arizona/Pima CC
• Broke the UNLV record in the High Jump with a leap of 6’-0” to win the event at the New Mexico Collegiate Classic & Multis in Albuquerque on February 5.
• Her mark is the best in the Conference and ranks 11th in the country this season.
• In the MW record book, her jump ties her for fourth all-time.
2015-16 MW Men’s Track Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – David Elliott, Sr., Boise State
Jan. 19 – Jamiel Trimble, So., Air Force
Jan. 26 – Patrick Corona, Sr., Air Force
Feb. 2 – David Elliott, Sr., Boise State
Feb. 9 – Adam Cotton, Sr., New Mexico
2015-16 MW Men’s Field Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Dylan Bell, Sr., Air Force
Jan. 19 – John Reynolds, So., Air Force
Jan. 26 – Allan Hamilton, Sr., New Mexico
Feb. 2 – Taylor Smith, Jr., Air Force
Feb. 9 – Dylan Bell, Sr., Air Force
2015-16 MW Women’s Track Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
Jan. 12 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
Jan. 19 – Micha Auzenne, Jr., San Diego State
Jan. 26 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
Feb. 2 – Allie Ostrander, Fr., Boise State
Feb. 9 – Auzsane Crowe-Carter, Sr., UNLV
2015-16 MW Women’s Field Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Emelda Malm-Annan, Fr., Wyoming
Jan. 12 – Shelley Spires, So., Air Force
Jan. 19 – Bonnie Draxler, So., San Diego State
Jan. 26 – Kathryn Tomczak, Fr., Air Force
Feb. 2 – Nicole Wadden, Jr., Nevada
Feb. 9 – Kaysee Pilgrim, Jr., UNLV