Mountain West Announces Men's Tennis Player of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Boise State senior Toby Mitchell has been named Mountain West Men’s Tennis Player of the Week for matches played March 30-April 5. It is the first career weekly honor for Mitchell.
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
TOBY MITCHELL, BOISE STATE
Senior, Somerset, England / International High Performance Academy
- Helped lead Boise State to a pair of road victories over Mountain West foes Air Force (6-1) and No. 70 New Mexico (4-1) on April 1 and April 3, respectively.
- Compiled a 2-0 record at the No. 3 singles position and a 1-1 mark at the No. 1 doubles spot during the week.
- Against Air Force, rallied from a set down to knock off Max Olson in three sets, 6-7(3), 6-2, 7-5, to clinch the Broncos’ victory over the Falcons.
- At New Mexico, teamed up with Kyle Butters to knock off the New Mexico’s No. 77-ranked pair of Hayden Sabatka and Rodolfo Jauregui, 7-5.
- Delivered the match-clinching point against the Lobos after downing UNM’s No. 3 singles player Jorge Escutia in three sets, 6-1, 6-7(4), 6-4.
2016 MW Men’s Tennis Players of the Week
Jan. 20 – Freddy Gelbrich, Sr., San Diego State
Jan. 27 – Nikolas Papic, Sr., Fresno State
Feb. 3 – Jaime Barajas, So., Utah State
Feb. 10 – Jakob Amilon, Jr., UNLV
Feb. 17 – Andrew Parks, Sr., Air Force
Feb. 24 – Romai Ugarte, Fr., Utah State
March 2 – Hayden Sabatka, Jr., New Mexico
March 9 – Jaime Barajas, So., Utah State
March 16 – Bart Van Leijsen, So., New Mexico
March 23 – Jaime Barajas, So., Utah State
March 30 – Kyle Butters, Fr., Boise State
April 6 – Toby Mitchell, Sr., Boise State