Mountain West Announces Men's Tennis Player of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – UNLV junior Jakob Amilon has been named Mountain West Men’s Tennis Player of the Week for matches played April 21-27. It is the first MW weekly honor of his career.
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JAKOB AMILON, UNLV
Junior, Stockholm, Sweden / Mikael Elais Gymnasium
- Led UNLV to a 3-0 week with wins over San Diego State, 4-3, Southern Utah, 7-0, and Air Force, 4-1, respectively.
- Went a combined 5-0 at the No. 1 singles and doubles positions.
- Helped the Rebels earn the doubles point in each of their three matches with a trio of victories with partner Ruben Alberts.
- Against San Diego State, knocked off the Aztecs’ No. 1 singles player, Freddy Gelbrich, 7-6, 6-4, to break a 3-3 tie and give UNLV a 4-3 victory.
- Concluded the weekend with a straight-set win, 6-2, 6-2, over Air Force’s Jack McCullers.
2016 MW Men’s Tennis Players of the Week
Jan. 20 – Freddy Gelbrich, Sr., San Diego State
Jan. 27 – Nikolas Papic, Sr., Fresno State
Feb. 3 – Jaime Barajas, So., Utah State
Feb. 10 – Jakob Amilon, Jr., UNLV
Feb. 17 – Andrew Parks, Sr., Air Force
Feb. 24 – Romai Ugarte, Fr., Utah State
March 2 – Hayden Sabatka, Jr., New Mexico
March 9 – Jaime Barajas, So., Utah State
March 16 – Bart Van Leijsen, So., New Mexico
March 23 – Jaime Barajas, So., Utah State
March 30 – Kyle Butters, Fr., Boise State
April 6 – Toby Mitchell, Sr., Boise State
April 13 – Hayden Sabatka, Jr., New Mexico
April 20 – Thomas Tenreiro, Sr., Boise State
April 28 – Jakob Amilon, Jr., UNLV