Mountain West Announces Men's Indoor Track & Field Athletes Of The Week - Feb. 17, 2015
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – New Mexico’s Elmar Engholm has been named Mountain West Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while the Lobos’ Django Lovett earned MW Men’s Indoor Field Athlete of Week honors for meets held Feb. 13-14. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for both student-athletes.
MEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ELMAR ENGHOLM, NEW MEXICO
Junior, Stockholm, Sweden / Backebergs Gymnasium
- Won the Mile at the New Mexico-hosted Don Kirby Elite Invitational on Feb. 14.
- His winning time of 3:57.95 is a personal best.
- Leads the Conference and ranks No. 11 in the nation this season in the Mile.
MEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
DJANGO LOVETT, NEW MEXICO
Senior, Surrey, British Columbia / Brookswood Secondary School
- Placed first in the High Jump at the Don Kirby Elite Invitational on Feb. 13 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- His leap of 7’-3.00’’ set a new MW, school and personal record.
- Currently ranks first in the Conference and seventh nationally in the High Jump.