Mountain West Announces Outdoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Utah State’s AJ Boully has been named Mountain West Men’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week, while Dylan Bell of Air Force earned MW Men’s Outdoor Field Athlete of Week honors for meets held April 20-23. It is the first-career MW weekly accolade for both Boully and Bell. On the women’s side, Fresno State’s Annemarie Schwanz garnered MW Women’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week, while teammate Je’Nia Sears was named the Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of the Week. It is the first MW weekly honor for Schwanz and the second for Sears.
MEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
AJ BOULLY, UTAH STATE
Junior, Boise, Idaho / Borah HS
- Placed first in four events at the Clarence Robinson Invitational in Provo, Utah on April 23.
- Won the 110 and 400-Meter Hurdles with personal-best times of 14:16 and 50.76, respectively.
- His time in the 400-Meter Hurdles ranks first in the Mountain West this season, while his mark in the 110-Meter Hurdles is fifth in the league.
- Was part of the Aggies’ winning 4x100 and 4x400-Meter Relay teams.
- Clocked the best times in the Conference this season in both events with marks of 39.90 and 3:06.96, respectively.
- The team’s time in the 4x400-Meter Relay ranks third all-time in MW history.
MEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
DYLAN BELL, AIR FORCE
Senior, Alvarado, Texas / Alvarado HS
- Finished second out of 21 jumpers in the Pole Vault at the Michael Johnson Invitational in Waco, Texas on April 23.
- Cleared a personal-best height of 18’-2.50”.
- The clearance ranks first in the MW and fifth in the nation in 2016.
- The mark is the second-best in Air Force history and ranks third all-time in MW annals.
WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
ANNEMARIE SCHWANZ, FRESNO STATE
Junior, Neuruppin, Germany / Sportschule-Neubrandenburg
- Outpaced 31 runners to win the 1500-Meter race with a time of 4:14.89 at the Stanford Twilight in Stanford, California on April 22.
- The time broke her own Fresno State record in the 1500-Meters.
- It is the fastest time in the league and second-best mark in the nation this season.
- The mark ranks third in MW history.
WOMEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
JE’NIA SEARS, FRESNO STATE
Senior, Fresno, California / Edison HS
- Finished first in the Long Jump at the Stanford Twilight on April 23.
- Recorded a leap of 21’-9.00” (6.63 meters) to set a new Bulldogs’ program record.
- The jump ranks first in the MW and second in the NCAA in 2016.
- The mark is tied for second all-time in the Conference record book.
2016 MW Men’s Track Athletes of the Week
March 29 – Zach Johnson, Jr., Air Force
April 5 – David Elliott, R-Sr., Boise State
April 12 – Patrick Corona, Sr., Air Force
April 19 – Patrick Corona, Sr., Air Force
April 26 – AJ Boully, Jr., Utah State
2016 MW Men’s Field Athletes of the Week
March 29 – Mostafa Hassan, So., Colorado State
April 5 – Taylor Smith, Jr., Air Force
April 12 – Mostafa Hassan, So., Colorado State
April 19 – Allan Hamilton, Sr., New Mexico
April 26 – Dylan Bell, Sr., Air Force
2016 MW Women’s Track Athletes of the Week
March 22 – Makayla Webb, So., San José State
March 29 – Ashley Henderson, So., San Diego State
April 5 – Hannah Everson, Sr., Air Force
April 12 – Audra DeStefano, Jr., Wyoming
April 19 – Calli Thackery, Jr., New Mexico
April 26 – Annemarie Schwanz, Jr., Fresno State
2016 MW Women’s Field Athletes of the Week
March 22 – Maci Bingham, Sr., Utah State
March 29 – Bonnie Draxler, So., San Diego State
April 5 – Je’Nia Sears, Sr., Fresno State
April 12 – Aaliyah Pete, Jr., Colorado State
April 19 – Kaysee Pilgrim, Jr., UNLV
April 26 – Je’Nia Sears, Sr., Fresno State