Mountain West Announces Women's Basketball Player of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San Diego State sophomore guard McKynzie Fort has earned Mountain West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honors for games played through Sunday, November 29, 2015. It is the first MW weekly award for Fort.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
McKYNZIE FORT, SAN DIEGO STATE
Sophomore, Guard, Fontana, California / Etiwanda HS
• Led San Diego State to a 2-1 record last week with a loss at Washington (80-51) and victories over North Dakota State (64-54) and Wisconsin (63-57, OT) to win the SDSU Thanksgiving Classic.
• Averaged 17.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 3.3 steals per game. Shot .667 from the field (24-36), all from inside the 3-point arc.
• Was the Aztecs’ leading scorer in all three games.
• Scored 16 points, grabbed four rebounds and dished out three assists against Washington on November 23. Was 8-of-13 (.615) from the field.
• Posted 20 points, four rebounds and five steals versus North Dakota State on November 27. Shot .833 (10-12) from the field.
• Her 10 field goals made and five steals against the Bison were career-highs.
• Recorded 16 points, three rebounds, two assists and four steals in the overtime win against Wisconsin on November 29. Was 6-of-11 (.545) from the field and 4-of-6 from the free throw line.
2015-16 Mountain West Women's Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 16 - Miquelle Askew, Sr., C, Boise State
Nov. 23 - Aley Rohde, Sr., C, UNLV
Nov. 30 - McKynzie Fort, So., G, San Diego State