Mountain West Announces Women's Outdoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – San José State’s Makayla Webb has been named Mountain West Women’s Outdoor Track Athlete of the Week, while Utah State’s Maci Bingham earned MW Women’s Outdoor Field Athlete of Week honors for meets held March 4-19. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for Webb and the second for Bingham.
WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
MAKAYLA WEBB, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Sophomore, Sacramento, California / Valley HS
- Finished second in both the 100 and 400 Meter Hurdles on March 19 at the Hornet Invitational in Sacramento, California.
- Set the SJSU all-time record in the 400 Meter Hurdles with a mark of 59.53.
- The time ranks first in the MW this season and 12th nationally.
- Ran the Spartans’ fastest all-conditions time in the 100 Meter Hurdles with a clocking of 13.51.
- Her mark in the 100 Meter Hurdles ranks first in the Conference and eighth in the country in 2016.
WOMEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
MACI BINGHAM, UTAH STATE
Senior, Basin City, Washington / Idaho State
- Placed first in both the Shot Put and Hammer Throw at the UC Irvine Spring Break Collegiate Invitational in Irvine, California on March 19.
- Her throws of 47’-4.25” in the Shot Put and 202’-2.0” in the Hammer both rank first in the MW this season. The Hammer toss ranks fourth nationally.
- Finished second in the Discus with a throw of 161’-9.0”. That mark is the second best in the league in 2016.
2016 MW Women’s Track Athletes of the Week
March 22 – Makayla Webb, So., San José State
2016 MW Women’s Field Athletes of the Week
March 22 – Maci Bingham, Sr., Utah State