Mountain West Announces Women's Soccer Players of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Fresno State freshman Julia Glaser has been tabbed the Mountain West Women’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week, while Nevada senior Kelsey Quintos received the Defensive Player of the Week nod for matches played through Sept. 4. It is the first-career weekly honor for Glaser and the second award for Quintos.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JULIA GLASER, FRESNO STATE
Freshman, Forward, Lorrach, Germany/Hans-Thoma-Gymnasium
- Helped lead Fresno State to a pair of road wins over Portland State, 4-3, and UC Davis, 1-0, on Friday and Sunday, respectively.
- Finished the two matches with two goals and seven shots, including five shots on goal.
- In Friday’s victory against Portland State, scored her first-career goal in the 65th minute to knot the contest at 2-2.
- Tallied the Bulldogs' game-winning goal in the 89th minute of a 1-0 shutout over UC Davis on Sunday.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
KELSEY QUINTOS, NEVADA
Senior, Goalkeeper, Fresno, California/Central HS
- Anchored a defensive unit which shutout a UC Irvine team that was previously averaging 2.25 goals per game.
- Made three saves in Nevada’s 1-0 victory and handing UC Irvine its first loss of the season.
- Recorded a leaping save in the 81st minute that kept the game scoreless, leading to an eventual overtime win for the Wolf Pack.
2016 MW Women’s Soccer Offensive Players of the Week
Aug. 22 – Michaela Morris, Fr., F, UNLV
Aug. 29 – Dakota Blazak, Sr., F, UNLV
Sept. 5 – Julia Glaser, Fr., F, Fresno State
2016 MW Women’s Soccer Defensive Players of the Week
Aug. 22 – Chidera Akubuilo, Jr., D, UNLV
Aug. 29 – Hayley Wilson, Sr., D, UNLV
Sept. 5 – Kelsey Quintos, Sr., GK, Nevada