Mountain West Announces Women's Swimmer & Diver of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Boise State senior Brittany Aoyama has been named Mountain West Swimmer of the Week, while Nevada sophomore Zoe Lei has earned MW Women’s Diver of the Week honors for competition through October 9, 2016. It is the eighth weekly award of Aoyama’s career and the first career accolade for Lei.
The Mountain West Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships will be held February 15-18 at the Texas A&M Natatorium in College Station, Texas.
WOMEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
BRITTANY AOYAMA, BOISE STATE
Senior, Stockton, California / Linden HS
• Led Boise State to the Chick-Fil-A Classic championship at Fresno State.
• Won three individual events and five relays.
• Won the 100-yard butterfly with a ‘B’ cut time of 53.46, which ranks third in the country.
• Posted a fifth-best in the nation time of 50.19 in the 100-yard freestyle.
• Recorded a time of 23.06 in the 50-yard freestyle. Her time ranks seventh in the nation.
• The Broncos won the 200-yard medley relay, 200-yard freestyle relay, 800-yard free relay, 400-yard free relay and the 400-yard medley relay with Aoyama swimming a leg.
WOMEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
ZOE LEI, NEVADA
Sophomore, Macau, China
• Won the one-meter springboard and placed third on the 3-meter board at the Chick-Fil-A Classic at Fresno State.
• Scored a 281.70 NCAA Zone qualifying mark in the 1-meter springboard competition.
• Posted a 270.30 in the 3-meter competition.
2016-17 Mountain West Women's Swimmers of the Week
Oct. 11 - Brittany Aoyama, Sr., Boise State
2016-17 Mountain West Women's Divers of the Week
Oct. 11 - Zoe Lei, So., Nevada