Mountain West Announces Women's Swimmer & Diver of the Week - Oct. 20, 2015
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Air Force junior Genevieve Miller has been named Mountain West Swimmer of the Week, while Colorado State senior Ariana Milone has earned MW Women’s Diver of the Week honors for competition completed through Sunday, October 18. It is the sixth MW weekly accolade of Milone’s career and the third for Miller.
WOMEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
GENEVIEVE MILLER, AIR FORCE
Junior, Winston-Salem, North Carolina / Bolles School
• Led Air Force to a 4-2 record at last week’s multi-team event hosted by West Florida.
• Also earned three event wins in a home dual meet with New Mexico on October 9.
• Won seven individual events over the three days of competition, while anchoring several relay teams.
• Has posted Top-10 times in the Mountain West in four events.
• Ranks No. 8 in the nation in the 1,650-yard freestyle with a time of 17:19.40 in her victory against Tulane, UALR and West Florida on October 16.
• Holds the top time in the MW in the 1,000-yard freestyle at 10:27.88 with the win against New Mexico on October 9.
• Moved to third in the league with a time of 4:57.90 in the 500-yard freestyle at the West Florida meet on October 17.
• Sits at eighth among Conference competitors in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:55.94 set on October 9 against New Mexico.
WOMEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
ARIANA MILONE, COLORADO STATE
Senior, The Woodlands, Texas / The Woodlands HS
• Won five of six events over three meets to start the season.
• Four of her scores in the 1-meter and 3-meter springboard competitions are qualifying marks for NCAA Zones.
• Began the season on October 8 with victories in the 1-meter (290.55) and 3-meter (319.20) against New Mexico in the home opener at Moby Pool.
• At the Intermountain Shootout in Grand Junction on October 9, won the 1-meter (255.60) and 3-meter (305.50) against divers from BYU and Colorado Mesa.
• Against Denver on October 16 at Moby Pool, placed first in the 3-meter (329.93) and second in the 1-meter (250.80) events.
2015-16 Mountain West Women's Swimmers of the Week
Oct. 19 – Genevieve Miller, Jr., Air Force
2015-16 Mountain West Women's Divers of the Week
Oct. 19 – Ariana Milone, Sr., Colorado state