Mountain West Announces Women's Volleyball Players of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - UNLV sophomore middle blocker Elsa Descamps has earned Mountain West Women’s Volleyball Offensive Player of the Week honors, while Rebel senior right-side hitter Bree Hammel has earned MW Women’s Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week accolades for matches played through Sunday, August 28, 2016. It is the second Conference weekly award of Hammel’s career and the first honor for Descamps.
WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
ELSA DESCAMPS, UNLV
Sophomore, Middle Blocker, Toulouse, France / Lysee Bellevue
• Led UNLV to a 3-0 start and earned All-Tournament Team honors at the UNLV Invitational.
• Averaged 3.20 kills per set with a .441 attack percentage over 10 sets played.
• Recorded 10 kills, .500 attack percentage and three total blocks in 3-0 win over UC Santa Barbara.
• In 3-1 victory against Albany, posted 12 kills, .429 attack percentage, five digs and four block assists.
• Had 10 kills, .400 attack percentage, one assist, one service ace, three digs and six block assists in Saturday’s 3-0 win versus New Mexico State.
WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
BREE HAMMEL, UNLV
Senior, Right-side Hitter, Las Vegas, Nevada / Bonanza HS
• Led UNLV defensively as the Rebels started the season 3-0 and was named Most Valuable Player of the UNLV Invitational.
• Averaged 3.30 digs and 1.20 blocks per set, while playing in all 10 sets.
• In a 3-0 win against UC Santa Barbara, recorded a career-high 22 digs. She also had four block assists and 13 kills.
• Her two solo blocks during the week were in a 3-1 victory against Albany. She added three block assists, seven digs, one service ace and 17 kills.
• On Saturday against New Mexico State, posted four digs, three blocks, one service ace and 14 kills in the 3-0 win.
2016 Mountain West Women's Volleyball Offensive Players of the Week
Aug. 29 – Elsa Descamps, So., MB, UNLV
2016 Mountain West Women's Volleyball Defensive Players of the Week
Aug. 29 – Bree Hammel, Sr., RS, UNLV