Mountain West Announces Women's Indoor Track & Field Athletes Of The Week - Feb. 17, 2015
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – New Mexico’s Sammy Silva has been named Mountain West Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while Colorado State’s Jazmyn Webster earned MW Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of Week honors for meets held Feb. 13-14. It is the second career MW weekly accolade for Silva and first for Webster.
WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
SAMMY SILVA, NEW MEXICO
Senior, La Mesa, California / Harvard
- Won the Mile at the New Mexico-hosted Don Kirby Elite Invitational on Feb. 14.
- Her finishing time of 4:33.48 set a new MW, school and personal record.
- Currently ranks first in the Conference and sixth nationally in the Mile.
WOMEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
JAZMYN WEBSTER, COLORADO STATE
Senior, Cheyenne, Wyoming / Chadron State
- Finished first in the High Jump at the Don Kirby Elite Invitational on Feb. 13 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- The 6’-0.00’’ clearance is a new Colorado State and personal record.
- Ranks first in the MW and No. 11 in the nation in the High Jump.