Mountain West Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Air Force’s Jamiel Trimble has been named Mountain West Men’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while the Falcons’ John Reynolds earned MW Men’s Indoor Field Athlete of Week honors for meets held Jan. 15-16. It is the first-career MW weekly accolade for both Trimble and Reynolds. On the women’s side, San Diego State’s Micha Auzenne garnered MW Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while teammate Bonnie Draxler was named the Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week. It is the first-career MW weekly honor for Auzenne and the second nod for Draxler.
MEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
JAMIEL TRIMBLE, AIR FORCE
Sophomore, Cincinnati, Ohio/Northwest HS (USAFA Prep)
• Finished second in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.90 at the Holiday Inn Invitational on Jan. 16 in Lincoln, Nebraska The time is the fastest in the Mountain West this season and ranks 13th nationally.
• Became the first Falcons’ hurdler since 2004 to break the eight-second mark in the 60-meter hurdles, while also recording the fifth-fastest time in Air Force history.
• Clocked a season-best mark of 21.32 in the 200-meter dash to win the event.
• His time leads the Conference and ranks 26th in the country.
• Ran the lead-off leg for the Falcons’ 4x400-meter relay team which placed fourth with a time of 3:15.59.
MEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
JOHN REYNOLDS, AIR FORCE
Sophomore, Denver, Colorado/Kent Denver HS
• Won the triple jump with a mark of 50’-5.25” at the Holiday Inn Invitational in Lincoln, Nebraska on Jan. 16.
• Became just the fourth athlete in Academy history to break the 50-foot barrier in the triple jump, while recording the third-best distance in Falcons’ history.
• His mark ranks first in the MW this season and 22nd in the nation.
WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
MICHA AUZENNE, SAN DIEGO STATE
Junior, East Palo Alto, California/Arizona State
• Won both events she competed in at the NAU Lumberjack Challenge in Flagstaff, Arizona on Jan. 16.
• Placed first in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.40.
• Concluded the event with a first-place finish in the 60-meter hurdles with a mark of 8.28.
• Her 60-meter dash time is the second-fastest in the MW this season, while her 60-meter hurdles mark ranks first in the League.
• Nationally, she ranks 14th and 32nd in the 60-meter hurdles and 60-meter dash, respectively.
WOMEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
BONNIE DRAXLER, SAN DIEGO STATE
Sophomore, Wrightstown, Wisconsin/Wrightstown HS
• Placed second in the UCS Spirit Pole Vault Summit College I flight in Reno, Nevada on Jan. 16.
• Cleared 13’-3.5” to tie Akron’s Caroline Hasse for the best mark of the day.
• The mark ranks first in the MW and 24th nationally.
2015-16 MW Men’s Track Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – David Elliott, Sr., Boise State
Jan. 19 – Jamiel Trimble, So., Air Force
2015-16 MW Men’s Field Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Dylan Bell, Sr., Air Force
Jan. 12. – John Reynolds, So., Air Force
2015-16 MW Women’s Track Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
Jan. 12 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
Jan. 19 – Micha Auzenne, Jr., San Diego State
2015-16 MW Women’s Field Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Emelda Malm-Annan, Fr., Wyoming
Jan. 12 – Shelley Spires, So., Air Force
Jan. 19 – Bonnie Draxler, So., San Diego State