Mountain West Men's Basketball Player of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Nevada freshman forward Cameron Oliver has been named Mountain West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for games played through Saturday, February 13. It is the first-career weekly accolade for Oliver.
Freshman, Forward, Sacramento, California / Grant HS
- Helped guide Nevada to home victories over Mountain West foes Air Force (72-52) and Fresno State (77-72 OT) on February 10 and February 13, respectively.
- In two games, averaged 14.5 points, 17.0 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 2.0 assists, while shooting 10-of-16 (62.7 percent) from the floor and 7-for-8 (87.5 percent) from the charity stripe.
- Set a new MW single-game record with 24 rebounds in the Wolf Pack’s win over Fresno State.
- Added a career-high 20 points to go along with two assists and three blocks versus the Bulldogs.
- Recorded the Mountain West’s first 20-20 game since Feb. 18, 2012 when New Mexico’s Drew Gordon scored 27 points and pulled down 20 rebounds vs. UNLV.
- Notched nine points, 10 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and one steal against Air Force.
2015-16 MW Men’s Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 16 Elijah Brown, So., G, New Mexico
Nov. 23 Marvelle Harris, Sr., G, Fresno State
Nov. 30 Patrick McCaw, So., G, UNLV
Dec. 7 Ike Nwamu, Sr., G, UNLV
Dec. 14 Elijah Brown, So., G, New Mexico
Dec. 21 James Webb III, Jr. F, Boise State
Dec. 28 Chris Smith, Sr., G, Utah State
Jan. 4 James Webb III, Jr., F, Boise State
Jan. 11 James Webb, III, Jr., F, Boise State
Jan. 18 Chris Smith, Sr., G, Utah State
Jan. 25 Trey Kell, So., G, San Diego State
Feb. 1 Elijah Brown, So., G, New Mexico
Feb. 8 CJ Siples, So., G, Air Force
Feb. 15 Cameron Oliver, Fr., F, Nevada