Mountain West Men's Golfer of the Month
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado State senior Blake Cannon has been named the Mountain West Men’s Golfer of the Month for September. This is Cannon’s first MW Golfer of the Month accolade.
BLAKE CANNON, COLORADO STATE
Senior, Mesa, Arizona / Arizona State
- Captured two individual titles and a top-10 finish in three tournaments played during the month of September. The two tournaments he won occurred in a combined six-day span.
- Started the month tying for 10th (out of 92 participants) at the Gene Miranda Falcon Invitational held Sept. 10-11 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Shot a 2-over par 218 (73-73-72) on the par 72, 7,461-yard Eisenhower Blue Course.
- Led Colorado State to the team title after shooting a 7-under 203 (70-69-64) and earning medalist honors by four strokes at the Ram Masters Invitational held on Sept. 19-20 in Fort Collins, Colorado. Defeated 99 other participants on the par 70, 7,218-yard Fort Collins County Club Course en route to his first individual crown of the season.
- His third-round score of 64 and overall total of 203 at the Ram Masters were career lows. The 203 was also a Ram Masters 54-hole record, while the final-round 64 was a tournament record for a third-round score.
- Became the second CSU golfer to win medalist honors (92 participants) at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate in Albuquerque, New Mexico held on Sept. 23-24. Carded a 6-under 210 (71-69-70) on the par 72, 7,555-yard UNM Championship Course to help the Rams place second behind San Diego State.
- One of only nine players in CSU history with multiple individual tournament wins in his career and only the seventh with multiple tournament medalist honors in a single season.
2016 MW Men’s Golfer of the Month – Fall Season
September – Blake Cannon, Sr., Colorado State