Mountain West Women's Indoor Track & Field Athletes of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – For the second time this season, Colorado State’s Leah Fair has been named the Mountain West Women’s Indoor Track Athlete of the Week, while Shelley Spires of Air Force garnered MW Women’s Indoor Field Athlete of the Week honors for meets held on Jan. 8. It is the third-career MW weekly honor for Fair and the first for Spires.
WOMEN’S TRACK ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
LEAH FAIR, COLORADO STATE
Junior, Gaffney, South Carolina/Coastal Carolina
• Placed first in two out of three events at the Air Force Open on Jan. 8.
• Bested the competition in the 60-Meter Dash by 0.19 seconds with a mark of 7.41. The time is the fastest in the MW this season and third-fastest in the nation.
• Was part of the Rams’ victorious 4x400-yard relay team that posted a Conference-leading time of 3:51.57.
• Finished first among collegiate competitors and second overall in the 200-Meter Dash with a time of 24.42. The mark is the second fastest in the League this season.
WOMEN’S FIELD ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
SHELLEY SPIRES, AIR FORCE
Sophomore, Mobile, Alabama/Saint Paul Episcopal
• Matched her career-best indoor clearance to win the high jump in a jump off at the Air Force Collegiate Open on Jan. 8.
• Registered the third-highest jump in Air Force history with a mark of 5’-8.75”.
• The mark is the second highest in the MW this season and ranks 15th nationally.
2015-16 MW Women’s Track Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
Jan. 12 – Leah Fair, Jr., Colorado State
2015-16 MW Women’s Field Athletes of the Week
Dec. 15 – Emelda Malm-Annan, Fr., Wyoming
Jan. 12. – Shelley Spires, So., Air Force