Mountain West Women's Basketball Player of the Week - 12/29/14
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San José State forward Rachol West has earned Mountain West Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honors for games played from December 22-28, 2014. It is the first MW weekly honor for West of her career.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
RACHOL WEST, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Sophomore, Forward, Bakersfield, Calif. / Garces Memorial HS
• Came off the bench to score a career-high 19 points as the Spartans beat Sacramento State, 102-94, in SJSU’s only game of the week.
• Shot 53.8 percent (7-13) from the floor, including 5-of-8 (62.5 percent) from beyond the three-point arc.
• Grabbed five rebounds, dished out one assist and made one steal in 19 minutes of action.
• Trailing at the half by 10, 53-43, the team opened the second period with a 16-5 run capped by a three-pointer by West to put SJSU in the lead, 59-58. Her fourth three of the game pushed the Spartan advantage to 65-60 with 14:40 to play.
• Career-best fifth three-pointer with 5:02 left in the game gave SJSU a 10-point lead, 89-79.
2014-15 Mountain West Women's Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 17 – T Moe, Jr., G, Nevada
Nov. 24 – Gritt Ryder, Sr., G, Colorado State
Dec. 1 – Gritt Ryder, Sr., G, Colorado State
Dec. 8 - Mimi Mungedi, Sr., C, Nevada
Dec. 15 - Alex Sheedy, Sr., F, Fresno State
Dec. 22 - Alex Sheedy, Sr., F, Fresno State
Dec. 29 - Rachol West, So., F, San José State