Mountain West Women's Golfer of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Boise State sophomore Genevieve Ling has been selected Mountain West Women's Golfer of the Week for tournaments played April 3 - 8. The product of Selangor, Malaysia, collects the first Golfer of the Week honor of her career.
GENEVIEVE LING, BOISE STATE
Sophomore, Selangor, Malaysia/Sunway International School
- Paced the field at the Cowgirl Classic, held April 6-7 in Maricopa, Arizona, after carding an even-par 216, including rounds of 72-73-71, on the par 72, 6,186-yard course at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club.
- Rallied from a one-stroke deficit in the final round, firing a 1-under 71 that included three birdies and 16 straight holes without a bogey. Her sub-par third round was only one of six such scores on the day.
- Her performance marked Ling's first tournament atop the individual leaderboard. She became the 10th Boise State women's golfer all-time to win a tournament and her victory is just the 15th in program history.
- Led a contingent of 18 MW golfers among the field of 117 individuals.
- Leads the Broncos this season with a 73.83 stroke average.