Mountain West Women's Swimmer & Diver of the Week 11/4/14
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Boise State sophomore Brittany Aoyama has been named Mountain West Swimmer of the Week, while San Diego State freshman Alexandra Caplan has earned MW Women’s Diver of the Week honors for competition from October 27-November 2, 2014. It is the fourth Mountain West weekly accolade for Aoyama in her young career and the first this season. It is the first honor of Caplan’s career.
WOMEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
BRITTANY AOYAMA, BOISE STATE
Sophomore, Stockton, Calif. / Linden HS
• Led the No. 23-ranked Broncos to a dual-meet victory at Pac-12 foe Oregon State (178-84) on October 31.
• Won two individual events and two relays.
• Won the 100-yard butterfly with an NCAA B-cut time of 54.06. Her time currently ranks first in the MW and 16th in the NCAA.
• Posted a time of 50.58 to win the 100-yard freestyle, currently the second-fastest in the Conference this season.
• Swam the third leg of the 200-yard medley relay, as the team recorded a time of 1:42.44 for the win. The mark currently ranks first in the Mountain West and 23rd in the nation.
• Led off the 400-yard freestyle relay to a winning time of 3:23.68, which is currently the best time in the league and ranks 16th in the country.
WOMEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
ALEXANDRA CAPLAN, SAN DIEGO STATE
Freshman, Mission Viejo, Calif./ Mission Viejo HS
• Placed in the top two of both springboard events as the Aztecs won a double-dual meet with Colorado State (187.5-112.5) and Idaho (193.5-106.5) on November 1.
• Won the 1-meter dive with a score of 284.45 and finished second in the 3-meter event with a score of 289.30.
• Both scores are NCAA-qualifying marks. Her 1-meter dive currently ranks fourth in the Mountain West, while her 3-meter score ranks seventh.
2014-15 Mountain West Women's Swimmers of the Week
Oct. 14 – Sam Wicks, Jr., Boise State
Oct. 21 – Morgan McCormick, Fr., San José State
Oct. 28 – Anika Apostalon, So., San Diego State
Nov. 4 – Brittany Aoyama, So., Boise State
2014-15 Mountain West Women's Divers of the Week
Oct. 14 – Cari Reiswig, Fr., San José State
Oct. 21 – Cari Reiswig, Fr. San José State
Oct. 28 – Krysta Palmer, Jr., Nevada
Nov. 4 – Alexandra Caplan, Fr., San Diego State