Mountain West Women's Swimming & Diving Quick Hits 11/7/14
- Regular season competition continues this weekend with four institutions sending divers to the USC Diving Invitational, November 7-9 – Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State and San José State.
- Two meets will be live-streamed on the Mountain West Network on Saturday, November 8:
- New Mexico State at Colorado State, 11 a.m. MT
- BYU at UNLV, Noon PT
- Other meets on Saturday, November 8:
- Nevada at UC Davis, Noon PT
- Denver, Grand Canyon at Air Force, 1 p.m. MT
- Boise State is currently ranked No. 25 in the latest CSCAA Top 25 poll, released on November 6.
- How are the teams doing so far this season?
Air Force – 2-3
Boise State – 3-0
Colorado State – 2-3
Fresno State – 1-3
Nevada – 4-0
New Mexico – 5-2
San Diego State – 9-0 (have won 68 of their last 69 head-to-head meets)
San José State – 5-0
UNLV – 0-2
Wyoming – 4-0
- Air Force head coach Casey Converse earned his 300th dual meet victory on October 24 when the Falcons swept Colorado School of Mines and Colorado Mesa. He is the winningest swimming coach in Academy history. This is his 27th season with the Falcons.
- Wyoming set two Corbett Pool records in the November 6 win over New Mexico State. The Cowgirls won the 400-yard medley relay with a time of 3:47.53, five seconds faster than the previous mark, to start the meet. They also posted a record time in the 200-yard freestyle relay, clocking in at 1:36.16.
- Several Mountain West swimmers are ranked among the Top-25 in the nation in their respective events, according to USASwimming.com:
- 50 Freestyle: 20. Anika Apostalon, San Diego State
- 100 Freestyle: 13. Anika Apostalon, San Diego State; 18. Brittany Aoyama, Boise State
- 1,650 Freestyle: 16. Genevieve Miller, Air Force
- 100 Butterfly: 16. Brittany Aoyama, Boise State
- 200 Freestyle Relay: 27. San Diego State; 20. Boise State; 22. UNLV
- 400 Freestyle Relay: 16. Boise State
- 800 Freestyle Relay: 13. Air Force; 16. San José State; 19. Fresno State
- 200 Medley Relay: 24. Boise State
- 400 Medley Relay: 23. Wyoming
- Mountain West swimmers have posted NCAA qualifying times (all ‘B’ cut).
- 50 freestyle: Anika Apostalon, San Diego State
- 100 freestyle: Anika Apostalon, San Diego State
- 100 butterfly: Brittany Aoyama, Boise State
- Several Mountain West divers have qualified for NCAA Zones in all three events.
- Keely Bishop, Wyoming (1M)
- Kari Campbell, Wyoming (1M; 3M)
- Alexandra Caplan, San Diego State (1M; 3M)
- Isabelle Choquehuanca, San Diego State (1M; 3M)
- Mary Kate Hardy, Colorado State (1M)
- Erin Kohlbeck, Boise State (1M; 3M)
- Karli Kriewall, Boise State (3M)
- Ariana Milone, Colorado State (1M; 3M)
- Marissa O’Quinn, San José State (1M; 3M)
- Krysta Palmer, Nevada (1M; 3M)
- Cari Reiswig, San José State (1M; 3M)
- The Conference champion will be determined Feb. 18-21 at the 2015 Mountain West Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships at the Palo Alto College Aquatic Center in San Antonio, Texas.