Mountain West Men's Golfer of the Month
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San José State senior Cody Blick has been named the Mountain West Men’s Golfer of the Month for October/November. This is Blick’s fourth career MW golfer of the month/week accolade.
CODY BLICK, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Senior, Danville, California / San Ramon Valley HS
- At the Alister MacKenzie Invitational in Fairfax, California on Oct. 12-13, he shot a five-under par on the last seven holes of the final round, including a birdie on the 18th to win the individual title by one shot. Overall, posted a 17-under 196 (64-65-67) on the par 71, 6,734-yard Meadow Course.
- The 17-under 196 score at the Alister MacKenzie Invitational was the second lowest 54-hole total for a Spartan in relation to par since at least 1993-1994.
- Finished tied for third at the Price's Give 'Em Five Invitational in in El Paso, Texas on Oct. 23-25 after firing an 11-under 205 (68-67-70) on the par 72, 7,307-yard Butterfield Trail Golf Course.
- At the Gifford Collegiate in San Martin, California on Nov. 2-4, he carded a nine-over 222 (73-76-73) on the par 71, 6,996-yard Corde Valle Golf Course and placed tied for 39th .
- Had a stroke average of 69.22 over nine rounds in October/November, including five rounds of 68 or lower.