MW Men's Basketball Player of the Week 12/1/14
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San Diego State junior forward Winston Shepard has been named Mountain West Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for games played through Sunday, November 30. It is the first career MW weekly accolade for Shepard.
MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Junior, Forward, Houston, Texas / Findlay Prep
• Named to the EA Sports Maui Invitational All-Tournament team after averaging 15.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game in leading nationally-ranked San Diego State to a runner-up finish.
• Scored the first seven points of the game within a two-minute span to help the Aztecs jump out to an 11-0 lead en route to a 92-87 double-overtime victory against BYU on Nov. 24.
• Added eight rebounds and three assists while going 6-of-10 from the field and 5-of-6 from the free throw line.
• Assisted in a defensive effort that held BYU to a season-low 38.5 field goal percentage after the Cougars had entered the game shooting 53.4 percent.
• In a 74-57 win over Pittsburgh on Nov. 25, scored 13 points and matched a game-high with seven rebounds, while adding three assists and one steal.
• Tied for team-high honors with 14 points and six rebounds against No. 3/4 Arizona in the championship game that saw the Aztecs fall 61-59.
• His three-pointer with three seconds left in regulation against the Wildcats brought SDSU to within two.
• For the week, shot 50 percent (15-for-30) from the field, 50 percent (2-for-4) from beyond the arc and 72 percent (13-for-18) from the free-throw line.
2014 Mountain West Men's Basketball Players of the Week
Nov. 17 – David Collette, Fr., F, Utah State
Nov. 24 – Daniel Bejarano, Sr., G, Colorado State
Dec. 1 – Winston Shepard, Jr., F, San Diego State