Mountain West Announces Softball Player And Pitcher Of The Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Nevada’s Amanda Weis has been named Mountain West Softball Player of the Week, while Colorado State’s Holly Reinke earned MW Pitcher of Week honors for games held Feb. 10-16. It is the first MW weekly accolade for both student-athletes.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
AMANDA WEIS, NEVADA
Sophomore, OF, Redlands, Calif./Redlands HS
- Went 8-for-16 (.500) at the plate with five home runs, 13 RBIs and seven runs scored as Nevada went 4-1 at the Easton Desert Classic in Las Vegas, Nev., and improved to 8-2 overall on the season.
- Was 4-for-5 with a MW-record tying three home runs, four runs scored and seven RBIs in the Wolf Pack’s 20-10 victory over BYU on Feb. 15.
- Set a new Conference mark with 14 total bases against the Cougars.
- Established new school records for single-game home runs (three), RBIs (seven) and total bases (14).
- Hit two home runs and drove in four in Nevada’s 6-2 win against Portland State on Feb. 14.
- Had a slugging percentage of 1.625 for the weekend.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
HOLLY REINKE, COLORADO STATE
Sophomore, RHP, Littleton, Colo./D’Evelyn HS
- Went 2-0 with a save and a 1.17 ERA in 12 total innings pitched as Colorado State went 3-2 at last weekend’s UTSA Classic in San Antonio, Texas.
- Appeared in four of the Rams’ five games, including one start on Feb. 15 versus Wichita State.
- Pitched a complete game against the Shockers, allowing two earned runs on just four hits while walking two and striking out four in the 8-3 victory.
- Earned the save in the team’s 6-4 win over host UTSA on Feb. 15, allowing no runs and one hit in two innings of work.
- Held opponents to a .186 batting average.
2014 Mountain West Softball Players of the Week
Feb. 11 – Jessie Hufstetler, So., IF, San José State
Feb. 18 – Amanda Weis, So., OF, Nevada
2014 Mountain West Softball Pitchers of the Week
Feb. 11 – Allison Lang, Jr., RHP, San José State
Feb. 18 – Holly Reinke, So., RHP, Colorado State