Mountain West Swimmer & Diver of the Week
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Boise State freshman swimmer Brittany Aoyama and senior diver Ciera Cortney have earned Mountain West Women’s Swimmer and Diver of the Week honors for competition from Oct. 10-13, 2013. It is the first Mountain West weekly honor for the rookie Aoyama and the second of Cortney’s career.
WOMEN'S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
BRITTANY AOYAMA, BOISE STATE
Freshman, Stockton, Calif. / Linden HS
• Led Boise State to a first-place finish (1,232 points) at the Bulldog Invitational in Fresno last week.
• Won the 50-yard (23.61) and 100-yard (50.97) freestyle races, along with the 100-yard butterfly (54.95).
• All three times currently rank first in the Mountain West, with the butterfly time ranking eighth in the nation and setting a pool record.
• Also swam on five winning relays – 200-yard medley (1:43.15), 400-yard medley (3:50.48), 200-yard freestyle (1:34.79), 400-yard freestyle (3:26.15) and 800-yard freestyle (7:33.32).
WOMEN'S DIVER OF THE WEEK
CIERA CORTNEY, BOISE STATE
Senior, Las Vegas, Nev./ Bishop Gorman HS
• Won the 1-meter springboard (306.30) and 3-meter springboard (317.17) events at the Bulldog Invitational.
• Both scores are season-highs and earn qualification to the NCAA Zones in March.
2013-14 Mountain West Women's Swimmers of the Week
Oct. 10 - Felicity Cann, Fr., Boise State
Oct. 16 - Brittany Aoyama, Fr., Boise State
2013-14 Mountain West Women's Divers of the Week
Oct. 10 - Ciera Cortney, Sr., Boise State
Oct. 16 - Ciera Cortney, Sr., Boise State