Mountain West Football Players of the Week - Week 4
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Boise State junior running back Jeremy McNichols has been tabbed the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Air Force senior linebacker Haji Dunn, Jr., garnered the Defensive Player of the Week award and Broncos senior punter Sean Wale earns Special Teams Player of the Week accolades. It is the second career Mountain West weekly accolade for McNichols and first for both Dunn, Jr., and Wale.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JEREMY McNICHOLS, BOISE STATE
Junior, Running Back, Long Beach, California / Santa Margarita HS
• Set career highs in rushing yards (208) and touchdowns (4) in Boise State’s 38-24 road victory over Oregon State.
• Finished the game with 28 carries.
• Rushed for 146 yards on 14 carries in the first half.
• Recorded all four of his touchdowns in the opening half, running for three scores and catching another.
• Capped his four-touchdown half with a 70-yard scoring run, the third rushing touchdown of his career of at least 70 yards.
• It was the first 200-yard, four-touchdown game for a Boise State player since Jay Ajayi did so on Nov. 29, 2014.
• The three rushing scores extended his Mountain West record to 15-straight games with a rushing touchdown.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
HAJI DUNN, JR., AIR FORCE
Senior, Linebacker, Rancho Cordova, California / Pleasant Grove HS
• Recorded a season-high seven tackles (three solo), 2.0 tackles for loss and 1.5 sacks in Air Force’s 27-20 victory at Utah State in the Mountain West opener for both teams.
• With Air Force trailing 7-3 early in the second quarter, made a key stop on third and two at the Air Force six yard line for no gain to force a Utah State field goal and keeping the Aggies’ lead to one score, 10-3.
• At the midway point of the fourth quarter and Air Force up 17-13, registered a sack, while forcing and recovering a fumble on the play to give the ball back to the Falcons’ offense on the Utah State 21-yard line. The Falcons scored in the ensuing possession to extend their lead to 24-13.
• Led a defense that held Utah State to just 42 yards on 32 carries, an average of 1.3 yards per attempt.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
SEAN WALE, BOISE STATE
Senior, Punter, La Habra, California / La Habra HS
• Averaged 46.5 yards over six punts in Boise State’s 38-24 road victory over Oregon State.
• Recorded three punts of at least 50 yards
• Tallied three punts that dropped inside Oregon State's 20-yard line, helping the Bronco defense by pinning the Beavers deep inside their own territory.