Mountain West Football Weekly Release - Oct. 4
*Mountain West game
WEEKLY AND POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCES BROADCAST LIVE FOR FREE ON MOUNTAIN WEST NETWORK
The Mountain West Network will livestream and archive each of the 12 weekly coaches’ press conferences on TheMW.com, CampusInsiders.com and the respective institutional website. The regular-season schedule will typically be held as follows:
Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State at 11 a.m. PT
Matt Wells, Utah State at 11:30 a.m. MT
Mike Bobo, Colorado State at Noon MT
Craig Bohl, Wyoming at Noon MT
Ron Caragher, San José State at 1 p.m. PT
Bob Davie, New Mexico at 11:30 a.m. MT
Brian Polian, Nevada at 11 a.m. PT
Bryan Harsin, Boise State at 11:30 a.m. MT
Rocky Long, San Diego State at Noon PT
Troy Calhoun, Air Force at 12:30 p.m. MT
Tony Sanchez, UNLV at 1 p.m. PT
Nick Rolovich, Hawai‘i (available on tape-delayed basis)
All post-game press conference for home games will also be streamed and archived. Visit TheMW.com/watch-live for additional information and for schedule updates.
For quick soundbites from every coach leading into a weekend of Mountain West action, tune in for Coaches Soundoff every Thursday afternoon on the Mountain West Network. TheMW.com/watch-live
CollegePressBox.com is the official media website for Division I football. Access and download weekly game notes, quotes, statistics, media guides, headshots, logos and more for each conference and its member institutions. Apply for access at www.collegepressbox.com/password.
(Notes from around the Mountain West in 140 characters or less)
- .@BroncoSportFB is nationally ranked for the 15th straight season, which is the 8th-longest active FBS streak.
- .@AFFootball has the 2nd-longest home win streak nationally (15), trailing only Clemson (19).
- .@GoAztecs are riding an 11-game @MountainWest win streak, T2nd-longest active streak in FBS (Western Kentucky; 13).
- AFA Weston Steelhammer (13) is the FBS active leader in career INTs, while SDSU’s Damontae Kazee ranks second (12).
- .@NevadaFootball hasn’t lost a fumble in six consecutive games, which is tied for the nation’s longest active streak (Western Michigan).
- .@BroncoSportsFB has defeated a Power 5 team in 5 of 6 seasons since joining the MW. BSU beat Washington State on Sept. 10 and Oregon State on Sept. 24.
- 3 @MountainWest schools rank in the top-10 nationally in rushing offense: UNM (347.0 - 2), AFA (312.8 - 5) & UNLV (273.0 - 9).
- .@CSUFootball DB Braylin Scott is 1 of 20 FBS players with 3 INTs this season.
- .@GoAztecs RB Donnel Pumphrey is the nation’s active leader in career rushing yds (5,022), rushing touchdowns (53) and all-purpose yardage (5,969).
- Pumphrey’s 281 rushing yards vs. Cal (Sept. 10) are the 2nd-most in a single game by a FBS player in 2016.
- In 56.8% of Pumphrey’s collegiate games played he has rushed for at least 100 yards (25-44).
- .@BroncoSportsFB RB Jeremy McNichols has scored a TD in 16 straight games.
- .@NewMexicoFB LB Dakota Cox is the nation’s 2nd-leading tackler with 333 career tackles. Cox needs 40 stops to enter the MW’s top-5.
- .@BroncoSportsFB has won 22-straight nonconference home games, a streak dating back to 12/28/05 vs. Boston College in the MPC Computers Bowl.
- .@USUFootball is the only FBS team to have a new OC & DC for the third straight season under the same head coach.