Mountain West Football Weekly Release - Sept. 20
WEEKLY AND POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCES BROADCAST LIVE FOR FREE ON MOUNTAIN WEST NETWORK
The Mountain West Network will livestream and archive each of the 12 weekly coaches’ press conferences on TheMW.com, CampusInsiders.com and the respective institutional website. The regular-season schedule will typically be held as follows:
Tim DeRuyter, Fresno State at 11 a.m. PT
Matt Wells, Utah State at 11:30 a.m. MT
Mike Bobo, Colorado State at Noon MT
Craig Bohl, Wyoming at Noon MT
Ron Caragher, San José State at 1 p.m. PT
Bob Davie, New Mexico at 11:30 a.m. MT
Brian Polian, Nevada at 11 a.m. PT
Bryan Harsin, Boise State at 11:30 a.m. MT
Rocky Long, San Diego State at Noon PT
Troy Calhoun, Air Force at 12:30 p.m. MT
Tony Sanchez, UNLV at 1 p.m. PT
Nick Rolovich, Hawai‘i (available on tape-delayed basis)
All post-game press conference for home games will also be streamed and archived. Visit TheMW.com/watch-live for additional information and for schedule updates.
For quick soundbites from every coach leading into a weekend of Mountain West action, tune in for Coaches Soundoff every Thursday afternoon on the Mountain West Network. TheMW.com/watch-live
CollegePressBox.com is the official media website for Division I football. Access and download weekly game notes, quotes, statistics, media guides, headshots, logos and more for each conference and its member institutions. Apply for access at www.collegepressbox.com/password.
(Notes from around the Mountain West in 140 characters or less)
- No. 22 @GoAztecs are ranked in the @AP Poll for the first time since Nov. 7, 1995. The Aztecs are receiving votes in the Coaches Poll.
- .@BroncoSportsFB is receiving votes in both the Coaches and AP Top 25 Polls.
- .@AFFootball enters 2016 with the 3rd-longest home win streak nationally (14), trailing Florida State (22) & Clemson (18).
- .@BroncoSportsFB has won 22-straight nonconference home games, a streak dating back to 12/28/05 vs. Boston College in the MPC Computers Bowl.
- .@GoAztecs are riding a 13-game win streak, 2nd-longest active streak in FBS (Alabama; 15). Last loss came on 9/26/15 at Penn State (37-21).
- .@BroncoSportsFB has defeated a Power 5 team in 5 of 6 seasons since joining the MW. BSU beat Washington State 31-28 on Sept. 10.
- Through 3 weeks, @AFFootball leads the nation, averaging 432.5 rushing yds/contest. The Falcons are the only FBS team rushing for 400+ yds/gm.
- .@GoAztecs RB Donnel Pumphrey is the nation’s active leader in career rushing yds (4,871), rushing touchdowns (52) and all-purpose yardage (5,811).
- Pumphrey’s 281 rushing yards vs. Cal (Sept. 10) is the most in a single game by a FBS player in 2016.
- In 55.8% of Pumphrey’s collegiate games played he has rushed for at least 100 yards (24-43).
- .@BroncoSportsFB RB Jeremy McNichols has scored a TD in a @MountainWest record 14 straight games.
- .@NewMexicoFB LB Dakota Cox is the nation’s 2nd-leading tackler with 332 career tackles. Cox needs 41 stops to enter the MW’s top-5.
- .@USUFootball is the only FBS team to have a new OC & DC for the third straight season under the same head coach.
The Aztecs are also receiving votes in the Coaches Poll (87), while Boise State is receiving votes in both the AP (69) and Coaches (62) Polls.
- Coach to Cure MD is a partnership between the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) and Parent Project MD.
- The program has raised more than $1.2 million over the last eight years.
- Last year, more than 10,000 coaches at 525 colleges at all levels participated.