Cross Country Wraps Up Season at NCAA Regionals
Nov. 9, 2012
SEATTLE - The San Diego State cross country team wrapped up its season on Friday at the NCAA West Regionals on the Jefferson Golf Course in Seattle. Five out of the six Aztecs competing set new personal records as SDSU had three finishers in the top 150.
The Aztecs were led by freshman Laura Vazquez, who took 105th of 207 runners with a 6,000-meter time of 21 minutes, 40 seconds, which was a PR. Senior Marianne Hogan was right behind Vazquez as she finished 107th with a time of 21:41, just nine seconds short of her sophomore PR.
Senior Josefine Koskinen was the third San Diego State runner to cross the finish line, taking 143rd with a personal-best time of 22:16. Freshman Chelsea Kruthers followed in 167th with a PR of 22:34, while fellow classmate Jessica McCall also set a PR with a time of 23:00 to finish 182nd. Freshman Rachel Roesgen, meanwhile, took 194th with a time of 23:29 and was the fifth Aztec to set a PR on Friday.
SDSU was 25th as a team, bettering the finish of 28th at the 2011 NCAA West Regionals. San Diego State had 690 points to defeat Portland State (26th, 737 points), St. Mary's (27th, 751) and Cal State Fullerton (28th, 864 points). Oregon won the meet with 64 points.
NCAA West Regionals
Jefferson Golf Course- Seattle, Wa.
Team Results (out of 28 teams)
1. Oregon - 64
2. Stanford - 85
3. Arizona - 85
4. Washington - 96
5. San Francisco - 151
25. San Diego State - 690
6K Individual Results (of 207 runners)
1. Jordan Hasay (Oregon) - 19:16
2. Laura Hollander (Cal Poly) - 19:22
3. Kathy Kroeger (Stanford) - 19:27
4. Shelby Houlihan (Arizona State) - 19:50
5. Cayla Hatton (Stanford) - 19:51
105. Laura Vazquez (SDSU) - 21:40
107. Marianne Hogan (SDSU) - 21:41
143. Josefine Koskinen (SDSU) - 22:16
167. Chelsea Kruthers (SDSU) - 22:34
182. Jessica McCall (SDSU) - 23:00
194. Rachel Roesgen (SDSU) - 23:29