Air Force hosts Nevada
April 25, 2013
vs. Nevada Wolf Pack - Friday, April 25 - 3 pm
vs. Nevada - Saturday, April 26 - 1 pm
vs. Nevada - Sunday, April 27 - 12 pm
Series at Falcon Field - USAFA, Colo.
- Livestats and live webcast (video) available through goairforcefalcons.com
- Live web broadcast (audio) at nevadawolfpack.com
- Twitter updates at: @AF_Falcons
AF: Mike Kazlausky (Maj. Retired) (USAFA, 1991) is 44-103 in his third year.
Nevada: Gary Powers (Nevada, 1971) is 932-750-5 in his 31st year at Nevada.
Air Force - 11-28, 4-14
Nevada - 20-20, 7-11
Last Time Out:
Air Force - Went 0-5 at Fresno State last weekend and defeated Northern Colorado 9-7 on Wednesday.
Nevada - Went 0-3 at New Mexico last weekend and defeated Pacific 6-4 on Tuesday.
Nevada leads - 2-1
Air Force Hosts Nevada
Air Force baseball hosts Nevada for the first time ever at Falcon Field this weekend, April 26-28. Live stats, audio and video will be available for all three games.
Series History vs. Nevada
- Air Force played Nevada for the first time earlier this season, March 15-17, in Reno.
- Nevada is 20-20 on the season.
- The Wolf Pack are batting .261, have a 5.19 ERA and are fielding .968.
- Austin Byler leads Nevada in batting, with a .365 average to go with eight homers and 37 RBIs.
- Braden Shipley (5-2, 2.59) leads the Wolf Pack in pitching with 75 strikeouts in 73.0 innings pitched.
- Air Force freshman RHP Steven Trojan and Nevada sophomore shortstop Kyle Hunt hail from Mission Viejo, Calif. and attended Capistrano Valley High School.
First Series vs. Nevada
Air Force went 1-2 at Nevada.
- The Falcons lost 3-2 on Friday, 6-1 on Saturday and won 7-3 on Sunday.
- The Falcons batted .218, had a 4.32 ERA and fielded .982 in the series.
- First baseman Seth Kline led the Falcons at the plate, batting .455 (5-for-11) with.
- Steven Trojan picked up the win on Sunday, giving the Falcons its first MW road win since 2010.
- Cameron White tossed his second-consecutive complete game loss Friday.
- Bo Wilson picked up his second save of the season Sunday.
Recapping Fresno State Series
The Falcons went 0-5 over the weekend at Fresno State.
- The Falcons batted .276, had a 7.11 ERA and fielded .916 in the series.
- OF David Baska batted .421 with a homer in the series.
- LHP Ben Bertelson pitched a seven-inning complete game in the series, striking out six.
- RHP Cameron White tied a career-high with seven strikeouts.
Air Force has played 29 road games to just 10 home games so far in 2013. The Falcons are hitting .076 points higher and fielding .010 percent better at home. The Falcons play seven of their final 14 games at home.
Air Force is 10-8 in home and netural site games. Conversely, the Falcons are just 1-20 in true road games.
Custons Closing In On Doubles Record
Senior Garrett Custons enters the Nevada series with 71 career doubles. He is three shy of the school record of 74 by Mike Thiessen. Custons ranks second in the conference with 16 doubles this season.
The Falcons travel to Northern Colorado on April 30 and host Adams State, May 1.