No. 18/21 SDSU MBB-Boise State Postgame Notes
March 8, 2012
Score: [18/21] San Diego State 65, Boise State 62
Records: [18/21] San Diego State 25-6; Boise State 13-17
Next Game: Friday, March 9 | vs. (5)TCU/(4)Colorado State | 6 p.m. PT | CBS Sports Network HD, Channel 4 San Diego HD
* SDSU records its school-record fourth straight season of at least 25 victories.
* SDSU is one of seven schools to have won at least 25 games in four consecutive seasons (2011-12, 2010-11, 2009-10, 2008-09).
* SDSU joins Brigham Young, Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Saint Mary's and Syracuse as the only programs to win 25 or more games in 2011-12, 2010-11, 2009-10 and 2008-09.
MW Championship Notes
* SDSU has won seven straight and nine of its last 10 games at the MW Championship.
* SDSU's seven-game MW Championship winning streak is the longest in the history of the tournament, which breaks a tie with UNLV (2007-08).
* SDSU has won back-to-back MW Championship titles and the last two regular-season crowns, which means the Aztecs have won the last four Mountain West titles.
* SDSU is 4-0 in MW Championship history when carrying a No. 1 seed.
* SDSU advances to the semifinal round for the fifth consecutive season. It is the longest current streak in the league.
* Four of the first five seasons of the MW Championship, SDSU never advanced past the quarterfinals. SDSU has now secured a spot in the semifinals in seven of the last eight seasons.
* SDSU improves to 17-8 all-time in MW Championship games.
Sin City Notes
* SDSU has won 10 of its last 11 and 12 of its last 15 games in the City of Las Vegas.
* SDSU is 8-1 in its last nine games inside Thomas & Mack Center.
Month of March Notes
* San Diego State has won its last 13 games against Mountain West Conference competition in the month of March.
* San Diego State is now 22-4 in its last 26 games played during the month of March. That figure includes NCAA, postseason NIT and Mountain West tournament games.
* SDSU swept all three games from Boise State this season.
* SDSU has won all four match-ups in the history of the series between the two schools.
* This was the seventh time this season that SDSU rallied from a minimum nine-point deficit to win a game.
* SDSU shot 58.3 percent (14-for-24) in the second half to help trigger the game-winning rally.
* SDSU improves to 6-3 this season in games that are decided by three points or less.
Chase Tapley (20 points, 4 assists, 4 steals, 4-7 3PT FG's)
Tapley became the 27th player in school history and the 10th player in the Steve Fisher era to reach the 1,000 points in a career... The senior also became the seventh player in school history to record at least 1,000 career points and 200 career assists... Scored 20 or more points for the eighth time this season and ninth time of his career... The 20-point effort is his first at the MW Championship... Led the Aztecs in scoring for the 12th time this season ... Reached double figures in scoring for the 27th time this year and 54th time of his career ... 13 of his 20 points were in the second half ... Had four three-pointers, his most since he had four at UNLV (also 4-for-7) on Feb. 11 ... His four steals were his most since he had four at Baylor (Nov. 15, 2011).
Jamaal Franklin (19 points, 5 rebounds)
Scored in double figures for the 26th time this season and for the 27th time in his career... He has scored in double figures in a career-long 18 consecutive games.
Xavier Thames (14 points, 5 rebounds)
Reached double figures in scoring for the fourth straight game, which is a career long... He has scored in double figures 13 times as an Aztec.