No. 18/21 SDSU MBB-Colorado State Postgame Notes
March 9, 2012
Score: [18/21] San Diego State 79, Colorado State 69
Records: [18/21] San Diego State 26-6; Colorado State 20-11
Next Game: Saturday, March 10 | vs. (3)UNLV/(2)New Mexico | 4 p.m. PT | NBC Sports Network HD
MW Championship Notes
* SDSU advances to the finals for the fourth consecutive season. The four finals appearances are a Mountain West record.
* SDSU is in the finals for the sixth time in the 13-year history of the league.
* SDSU has won eight straight and 10 of its last 11 at the MW Championship.
* SDSU's eight-game MW Championship winning streak extends the longest in the history of the tournament.
* SDSU has won back-to-back MW Championship titles and the last two regular-season crowns, which means the Aztecs have won the last four Mountain West titles.
* SDSU is 5-0 in MW Championship history when carrying a No. 1 seed.
* SDSU improves to 18-8 all-time in MW Championship games.
Sin City Notes
* SDSU has won 11 of its last 12 and 13 of its last 16 games in the City of Las Vegas.
* SDSU is 9-1 in its last 10 games inside Thomas & Mack Center.
Month of March Notes
* San Diego State has won its last 14 games against Mountain West Conference competition in the month of March.
* San Diego State is now 23-4 in its last 27 games played during the month of March. That figure includes NCAA, postseason NIT and Mountain West tournament games.
* SDSU takes two of three games with Colorado State this season. SDSU has not lost a season series to CSU since 2003.
* SDSU improves to 3-1 vs. the Rams in MW Championship history.
* SDSU has won 16 of the last 18 meetings with Colorado State.
* Bench production against Boise State yesterday: two points, three rebounds, three turnovers. Bench production against Colorado State tonight: 17 points, 15 rebounds, one turnover.
* SDSU won its 70th consecutive game when leading with 5:00 remaining (24-0 this season)
SDSU improved to 21-2 this year when outrebounding its opponent
Jamaal Franklin (19 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 3-4 3PFG)
Scored in double figures for the 27th time this season and for the 28th time in his career... He has scored in double figures in a career-long 19 consecutive games... Was 3-for-4 (.750) from beyond the 3-point arc, which was his best percentage of the season.
Chase Tapley (17 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals)
Reached double figures in scoring for the 28th time this year and 55th time of his career... Had six assists, which tied his season high (also vs. Bryant in season opener on Nov. 11).
James Rahon (15 points)
Reached double figures in scoring for the 12th time this season and for the 23rd time of his Aztec career... His 15 points were his most since scoring 16 against TCU on Feb. 4.
Garrett Green (10 points, 4 rebounds)
Reached double figures in scoring for the seventh time this season and first since Wyoming (Feb. 22)... The Aztecs have won all seven games when he reached double figures... Made his first three pointer of the season (he was 0-for-3 prior to tonight and 8-for-31 for his career).
Xavier Thames (7 points, 6 rebounds)
Was 4-for-4 from the free-throw line... Has now made his last 21 free-throw attempts.
DeShawn Stephens (4 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks)
Tied his career-high with nine rebounds in 21 minutes off the bench... Set a career high with three blocked shots.
Tim Shelton (4 points, 3 rebounds, 1 drawn charge)
Had his 31st charge drawn on the season (his game high is six).