No. 17/17 SDSU Closes the First Half of MW Play Against TCU
* No. 17/17 San Diego State finishes its brief two-game homestand on Saturday night as it plays host to TCU. Game time is set for 7 p.m. PT and the contest can be seen nationally on The Mtn. and locally in San Diego on Channel 4 San Diego.
* The Aztecs are set to put the finishing touches on the first half of Mountain West action against a TCU side that has won three of its last four games, including a 58-52 victory over Wyoming on Wednesday night.
* San Diego State has won nine straight home games, tied for the 11th-longest streak in 91 seasons of Aztec Basketball. The Aztecs are 58-4 in their last 62 home games and have won 22 straight home games against the current configuration of the Mountain West dating back to Feb. 13, 2008.
* San Diego State has won 43 straight home games against teams not ranked in the coaches' poll.
* The Aztecs have gone 39 consecutive games without allowing an opponent to shoot 50 percent or better from the field, a streak that dates back to last season. In six conference games, SDSU opponents are shooting 38.2 percent from the field.
* Junior Chase Tapley leads the league in scoring (16.0) and steals (2.09). Tapley has already surpassed his scoring total from both his freshman and sophomore campaigns. He has reached double figures in scoring in a career-high 16 straight games.
* Sophomore Jamaal Franklin is the only player in the Mountain West to rank in the top three in both scoring and rebounding for all games (15.7 ppg - 3rd; 7.0 rpg - 3rd) and conference games only (17.0 ppg - 2nd; 9.0 rpg - 3rd). He has also reached double figures in scoring in a career-high 10 straight games and has six double-doubles in his last nine games.
* San Diego State, the defending Mountain West regular-season champions and two-time defending tournament champs is tied for first with a 5-1 league record. That is despite playing three of its first five conference games on the road with those three currently at .500 or better in conference play.
The TCU Game * San Diego State and TCU are meeting for the seventh consecutive season.
* SDSU leads the all-time series with the Horned Frogs, 11-4, and owns the all-time Mountain West series lead, 11-1.
* The Aztecs carry a six-game winning streak over the Frogs into the Saturday night match-up. San Diego State has also defeated TCU six straight times at Viejas Arena.
* SDSU is looking to enter the second half of Mountain West play with a 6-1 record. With a win, the Aztecs will be, at worst, in a tie for first place with seven games to go before the MW Championship.
Jamaal Franklin and the Aztecs look to extend their six-game winning streak over TCU on Saturday night.