No. 13/15 San Diego State Looks for 21st Win of the Season at Air Force
* No. 13/15 San Diego State, which has dropped consecutive games for the first time in its last 80 games dating back to Jan. 9 and 13, 2010, looks for its 21st victory of the season Saturday when the Aztecs face Air Force in Colorado Springs, Colo.
* The Aztecs, who owned the nation's fifth-longest streak without suffering consecutive losses (trailing only Kansas, Duke, Temple and Ohio State) prior to Wednesday's game, have not lost three straight games since falling on Feb. 9, 13 and 16, 2008. SDSU has gone 142 straight games without experiencing a three-game losing streak. SDSU is 11-1 in its last 12 games following a loss.
* Despite a tough week, which saw San Diego State fall at 14th-ranked UNLV, 65-63, a game in which the Aztecs had the lead and the ball with under one minute to play, and a 77-67 loss to New Mexico, SDSU remains in a tie for second place in the Mountain West Conference, just one game behind the Lobos. The Aztecs, who were regular-season co-champions last season, have won the last two Mountain West tournament championships.
* Despite losing four starters off last season's team and not being selected to make the NCAA Tournament field by any preseason magazine, San Diego State has already posted its seventh consecutive 20-win campaign. The Aztecs, under national coach-of-the-year candidate Steve Fisher, are currently in the national polls for an eighth consecutive week. SDSU needs five more wins to record a school-record fourth-straight 25-win season.
* San Diego State owns the nation's third-highest winning percentage since the beginning of the 2010-11 season. During that span, the Aztecs are 54-8 (87.1 pct.), trailing only Ohio State, 56-7 (88.7 pct.) and Kansas, 56-8 (87.5 pct).
* San Diego State has a pair of conference player-of-the-year candidates in sophomore Jamaal Franklin (16.0 ppg, 7.4 rpg) and junior Chase Tapley (15.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 apg). Franklin leads the league in scoring and is fourth in rebounding in conference games, while Tapley is third in scoring and first in steals in all games.
The Air Force Game * San Diego State and Air Force are set to meet for the 68th time in series history and for the 31st time at the Academy. SDSU leads the all-time series, 47-20, and is 17-13 at Air Force.
* The Aztecs carry an eight-game winning streak over the Falcons into the Saturday afternoon contest. The eight-game winning streak is the longest by any team in series history.
* San Diego State enters the game having won its last three at Clune Arena. Prior to the Aztecs' current run, the Falcons had won five straight and six of seven over SDSU.
* The last three Aztec victories at Clune Arena have come by double digits.
Tim Shelton and the Aztecs look to snap a two-game losing streak on Saturday at Air Force.