No. 24/25 Aztecs Open Two-Game Homestand Against Wyoming on Wednesday
* With the home stretch of the regular season upon us, San Diego State plays its final two home games of the 2011-12 campaign this week as the Aztecs entertain Wyoming on Wednesday and Colorado State on Saturday.
* Wednesday's game against the Cowboys is scheduled for a 7:32 p.m. PT tip and will be televised by The Mtn. and simulcast in the San Diego market on Channel 4 San Diego.
* San Diego State is in the AP Top-25 Poll for a ninth consecutive week. The Aztecs are ranked 24th by the Associated Press and 25th in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Top-25 Poll.
* During San Diego State's current three-game losing streak, the Aztecs have dropped a pair of two-point games (at UNLV and at Air Force) and a third loss (New Mexico), which was a two-possession game with less than two minutes to play.
* On Saturday, the Aztecs played without sophomore guard Jamaal Franklin (16.0 ppg, 7.4 rpg), who is suffering from a left ankle sprain and went the last 11 minutes of the game without senior center Garrett Green, who suffered an ankle sprain in the game against the Falcons. Both players are questionable for Wednesday's game.
* Despite losing four starters off last season's team and not being selected to make the NCAA Tournament field by any preseason magazine, San Diego State has already posted its seventh consecutive 20-win campaign. SDSU needs five more wins to record a school-record fourth-straight 25-win season.
* San Diego State owns the nation's fourth-highest winning percentage since the beginning of the 2010-11 season. During that span, the Aztecs are 54-9 (85.7 pct.), trailing only Kansas (57-8, 87.7 pct.), Ohio State (56-8, 87.5 pct) and Duke (55-9, 85.9 pct.). Syracuse has an identical record as SDSU.
* SDSU has a pair of conference player-of-the-year candidates in sophomore Jamaal Franklin (16.0 ppg, 7.4 rpg) and junior Chase Tapley (15.8 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.2 apg). Franklin leads the league in scoring and is third in rebounding in conference games, while Tapley is fourth in scoring and first in steals in all games.
The Wyoming Game * San Diego State and Wyoming are meeting for the 71st time in the history of the series. The Cowboys own a 37-33 all-time record vs. the Aztecs.
* SDSU has won four straight in the series and the Aztecs have never defeated Wyoming five consecutive times.
* San Diego State is looking to sweep the season series for the second consecutive season. A win Wednesday will mark the first time in the history of the series in which the Aztecs have won consecutive season series vs. Wyoming.
* SDSU is looking to avoid losing four straight games overall since 2004-05. That team lost the final six games of the regular season.
The Aztecs look to snap a three-game skid on Wednesday night vs. Wyoming