No. 24/25 Aztecs Play Home Finale vs. Top-25 RPI Team Colorado State On Sat.
* San Diego State says goodbye to a pair of seniors as the Aztecs play their home finale Saturday night against Colorado State. San Diego State has won its last six "Senior Day" games.
* Of the 146 Division I games on Saturday, the San Diego State-Colorado State contest is one of only five games between two top-35 teams in the RPI. Other games in the category are Syracuse at Connecticut, Vanderbilt at Kentucky, Missouri at Kansas, and Wisconsin at Ohio State.
* San Diego State is in the AP Top-25 Poll for a ninth consecutive week. The Aztecs are ranked 24th by the Associated Press and 25th in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Top-25 Poll.
Prior to the game, San Diego State seniors Garrett Green and Tim Shelton will be honored. Both student-athletes are college graduates and are currently enrolled in graduate school. Minutes prior to the National Anthem, the pair will lead the SDSU student section in the "I Believe" chant.
* Green, who transferred from LSU at the end of last season, is one of three players to see action in all 27 games this season. He has six double-figure scoring games this season, four double-digit rebound games this year and sparked SDSU's comeback victory over Wyoming on Wednesday night with a team-high 14 points on 6-of-6 shooting from the field.
* Shelton has been a part of the most successful period in San Diego State basketball history. The forward, who started his SDSU career in 2007-08, has been part of two NCAA Tournament teams (including a Sweet 16 appearance) and two postseason NIT teams (including a national semifinals appearance). He has overcome four knee surgeries to play in 80 career San Diego State wins, which is the fourth-highest total in Aztec history. After failing to score in double figures from March 3, 2009, to Jan. 14, 2012, the senior has now reached double figures in three consecutive games.
* Despite losing four starters off last season's team and not being selected to make the NCAA Tournament field by any preseason magazine, San Diego State has already posted its seventh consecutive 20-win campaign. SDSU needs four more wins to record a school-record fourth-straight 25-win season.
The Colorado State Game * San Diego State and Colorado State are meeting on the hardwood for the 68th time. The Rams own the all-time series lead, 36-31.
* Colorado State won the first meeting this season, but the Aztecs have still claimed nine of the last 10 get-togethers.
* SDSU comes into the game having won 12 of the last 13 regular-season match-ups. San Diego State's last regular-season loss to CSU occurred in Fort Collins in 2005. The Aztecs have also won eight straight regular-season home contests vs. the Rams. San Diego State's last home loss to Colorado State during the regular season happened in 2003.
San Diego State looks to send its two seniors, Tim Shelton and Garrett Green, out with a victory over Colorado State on Saturday night.